What Lense can be used for Canon 1000D

AhVin

Jul 2, 2010
Kuching
Guys I just got 1000D ..... I Just wanna to know what lenses can be used for Canon

Canon EF/EF-S lenses,Sigma/Tamron/Tokina/Samyang lenses in Canon mount...

Btw its lens not lense

Manual lenses with M42 and C/Y mount can be used with adapter. Leica is also possible with adapter.

How about cheap lenses???

why not start with EFS 18-55 IS lens first?

Actually I'm start with EFS 18-55 but I just want to find out what lenses can I find beside of canon lenses

No pt considering more lens if you don't have sufficient knowledge on the canon system in general. Use your 18-55 and read lots of articles/books first.

If you want you can mount Nikon lenses onto your body too with suitable adapter.

Okay......Erm, but planning on cheap lens

Okay....but I'm planning for cheap lens

AhVin said:

Planning starts with knowing why u need those lenses.. and that comes when u discover limitations of your current gear.. no point planning if u lack knowledge.. if people tell u 50 1.8 very cheap but u realise it does not serve the purpose you want, what's the point of getting it??

What is considered cheap to you?

Hrmmm.....Still agree woth your answer...THX!!! do you play FB???

The cheapest lens in Canon line-up (and also the cheapest compared to the equivalent models of other brands) is the EF 50mm f/1.8 II (new ~SGD 120, 2nd hand below SGD 100). But then again: no point asking about the cheapest lens. It's not the price that matters but rather you knowing which lens you need for a certain purpose. The lenses are still there in 1 year, prices will still be at the same range. Books for photography costs less than the 50mm f/1.8.
Cheaper lenses could be Tokina primes (I got a 28mm f/2.8 for $60), Helios 44m (58mm f/2.8), Pentacon .. they all need adapters, though. For dirt cheap lenses (literally) you can check the fleas market behind Sim Lim tower. Saw some impressive fungus forming there...

Erm I dont really know how to explain for you its alright..... :D
Not defining your budget in Dollars is the first step in wasting money. Doesn't sound as if you have some $ to throw away ...

The cheapest lens in Canon line-up (and also the cheapest compared to the equivalent models of other brands) is the EF 50mm f/1.8 II (new ~SGD 120, 2nd hand below SGD 100). But then again: no point asking about the cheapest lens. It's not the price that matters but rather you knowing which lens you need for a certain purpose. The lenses are still there in 1 year, prices will still be at the same range. Books for photography costs less than the 50mm f/1.8.
Cheaper lenses could be Tokina primes (I got a 28mm f/2.8 for $60), Helios 44m (58mm f/2.8), Pentacon .. they all need adapters, though. For dirt cheap lenses (literally) you can check the fleas market behind Sim Lim tower. Saw some impressive fungus forming there...

OKay Thx.....

These are very good advice given by the seniors here. You should know what you need - i.e. what kind of photography you are into and buy the best lens (and equipment like flash, tripods) within your budget. If you are not sure, just use your existing lens and shoot a lot. You will soon find that there is a particular area where you will be interested in (landscape, street, macro, night, portraits etc) . You can then expand you equipment accordingly.

These are very good advice given by the seniors here. You should know what you need - i.e. what kind of photography you are into and buy the best lens (and equipment like flash, tripods) within your budget. If you are not sure, just use your existing lens and shoot a lot. You will soon find that there is a particular area where you will be interested in (landscape, street, macro, night, portraits etc) . You can then expand you equipment accordingly.
For me I love to take landscape , street macro and night the most... and also events

For me I love to take landscape , street macro and night the most... and also events

it sounds like u will need an entire arsenal for what you need. as they said, different kind of photog need different gears with different key aspects. i believe the best is for you to pick up any lens and shoot. only then you will realize the limitation of your gear. then post your limitations here? the seniors will be more than willing to help! =)

A tripod and two lenses (kit lens plus one around 55-200) will cover already four topics. For macro you can try close focus lenses with adapters, like Raynox. In the long run try to focus on less topics. Easier to learn and certain basics are valid everywhere.