what lens to use during graduation??

Guys sorry for the confusion here. on graduation day i'll only bring a flash and my cam. the island wide photoshoot will only be on the next day which is a saturday(not sure if this info helps). so was thinking if need tripod on the outdoor shoot on saturday. the thing i'm worried about is that i might end up not being in most if not all the group photos....

Guys sorry for the confusion here. on graduation day i'll only bring a flash and my cam. the island wide photoshoot will only be on the next day which is a saturday(not sure if this info helps). so was thinking if need tripod on the outdoor shoot on saturday. the thing i'm worried about is that i might end up not being in most if not all the group photos....

oh i see... so you also wanted to be in the photo... then u will need the tripod...
i usually bring my tripod along when i went out with friend so that i will also be in the photo

Keep yor lens, invest in a good flash and tripod.

+10..u don't need the wide..if u want it..then that is another story..

+10..u don't need the wide..if u want it..then that is another story..

I want it!!! but not now :bsmilie: maybe a few months down the road when i'm more sure of my style then decide again ba. now mostly is just see situations. just so happen that my graduation is around the corner that's why want to make sure i can capture this moment in life.

oh i see... so you also wanted to be in the photo... then u will need the tripod...
i usually bring my tripod along when i went out with friend so that i will also be in the photo

If a conventional tripod is dangerous (during the celebrations, in the dark with people moving around and having fun), consider a Gorillapod for now.

Have FUN and CONGRATULATIONS on graduating! :)

CHEERS!

If you intend to be in group shots I highly recommend getting the Nikon ML-L3 remote, if you don't already have it. It's extremely useful so that you don't have to run in after setting the self timer, and very affordable too.

IMHO, skip on shooting the graduation and let the pros shot the standards photos.

As for the next day shoot, invest in a good tripod and enjoy goofing with your grad friends at a more relaxing pace.

I seem a group of grads at the Espanade and Helix bridge on Saturday afternoon :D
Are you using a white body DSLR ???

HaHa nope that wasn't me. I'm using a d90 and my graduation is end of the month

If you intend to be in group shots I highly recommend getting the Nikon ML-L3 remote, if you don't already have it. It's extremely useful so that you don't have to run in after setting the self timer, and very affordable too.

Good suggestion will take a look at it. Thanks!

IMHO, skip on shooting the graduation and let the pros shot the standards photos.

As for the next day shoot, invest in a good tripod and enjoy goofing with your grad friends at a more relaxing pace.

hmm i'm not sure if there will be pros at there shooting or not but i think i would still like to bring my cam along to take pictures w my family. maybe won't bring the tripod as not v advisable as pointed out by everyone. Now the big headache is which tripod to choose. need a light one. most probably a carbon fibre one....:dunno:

why not collect $30 to $50 each to help you get the UWA zoom ?

Graduation photos are a great time to freelance :)

you do all that work and they help you at least pay for one-third, half or whole cost of your lens ?

you do all that work and they help you at least pay for one-third, half or whole cost of your lens ?

GOOD IDEA! hahaha..

Will be going for my commencement at the end of this month as well, but I'm gonna leave the phototaking during the ceremony to the pros. I'm just gonna enjoy the time and make my parents proud :)

lol don't want lar friends leh.....also thought uwa was a bad idea??

GOOD IDEA! hahaha..

Will be going for my commencement at the end of this month as well, but I'm gonna leave the phototaking during the ceremony to the pros. I'm just gonna enjoy the time and make my parents proud :)

haha planning to relax too during the whole ceremony. maybe after the whole thing take some pic with my family around campus if they want. the ADM building and the yunnan garden seems like 2 good places