What len do you use for your D90?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartkel

Sep 2, 2007
Hi D90 users, care to share what type of lens and models you are currently using?

Hi D90 users, care to share what type of lens and models you are currently using?

Kit lens, plus a 85mm f/1.8 D I picked up today... Went for the 85mm over the 50mm brother because of the tighter angle and shallower FOV.

I have 5 lenses, but mainly i using only 4 which are 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, micro 60mm, 80-200 2.8 2-touch.

The other one whch i am not using is the 18-55 VR from my D60

35mm f2.

I am using the kit lens 105vr.....considering getting the 50mm (which will never go wrong)

Tokina 11-16mm, 18-105mm VR, and 50mm f1.4(soon to get)

using the kit lens 18-105mm VR, and a Tamron 35-80mm f/2.8-f/3.5 CF Macro paired with Raynox DCR-250 for macro shot...

considering to get a Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8D for potrait and pairing with Raynox DCR-250 for macro shot as the tamron lens is alittle mouldy as it has been in storage for 10+ years :(

what lens would you recommend for wide angle shot and macro shot and roughly how much will it cost?

what lens would you recommend for wide angle shot and macro shot and roughly how much will it cost?

Wide Angle:

Tokina 11-16
Tokina 12-24
Nikon 12-24
Sigma 10-20
Sigma 12-24
Nikon 14-24

Macro

Nikon 60mm
Nikon 105mm
Tamron 90mm
Sigma 105mm
Tokina 100mm
Nikkor 55mm

many many many more

You can go find out how much they cost in the price guides here or call up the shops to find out

I am also using D90 with 35mm F2. An excellent lens i must say.

Able to focus near and sharp even wide open. Sold a Nikon AFD 50mm F1.4 (soft wide open) and sigma 30mm F1.4 (inconsistent focusing and poor lens body paint) and eventually kept this as my only prime lens. May be looking to get the new AFS 50mm F1.4.

Nikon 18 -200 is a great travel lens with good image quality (in decent lighting) and it has a very functional VR!

Tokina 11 - 16 is sharp, fast and wide but has very limited zoom.

Hope this is helpful. ;)

Using just the 18-105 kit and a voig nokton 58mmf1.4

Nikkor 50mm f1.8
Tamron 17-50mm f2.8

currently looking for a tele :)

seem like all the nikon lens very ex. i am considering to get a D90 but heard the kit len is not that good. i am thinking of just getting the body and with a zoom len. i love taking street photo, potrait and macro shot.
Can someone advise the type of len that is suitable and not more than $500?

seem like all the nikon lens very ex. i am considering to get a D90 but heard the kit len is not that good. i am thinking of just getting the body and with a zoom len. i love taking street photo, potrait and macro shot.

The kit lens is good for its worth. The focal range is very usable and it has VR to round it off. Just that the biggest aperture is "quite normal" and according to a certain KR, it's pretty soft when wide open.

You want macro shots? Short of going the Raynox converter way, the Nikon micro 60mm f/2.8 AF-D is going for around S$600 thereabouts according to the price-list sticky thread.

If you want street photo + portraits and is willing to sacrifice "zoom", you can't go wrong with the cheap-and-cheerful 50/1.8. It's easily less than S$200, in fact I believe it should be around the S$150 range.

because is one of the best optics.

whoever told you the kit lens wasnt good?

i can show you like a terrabyte's worth of pictures online taken with kit lens that rocks my a** off! i totally and absolutely adore my 18-135 kit lens, till i got 2 for myself. i just cant find a reason to upgrade to a 24-70 when i am still on a DX body...

ok maybe a terrabyte is a little too overblown. half a terrabyte maybe?

I am also using D90 with 35mm F2. An excellent lens i must say.

Able to focus near and sharp even wide open. Sold a Nikon AFD 50mm F1.4 (soft wide open) and sigma 30mm F1.4 (inconsistent focusing and poor lens body paint) and eventually kept this as my only prime lens. May be looking to get the new AFS 50mm F1.4.

Nikon 18 -200 is a great travel lens with good image quality (in decent lighting) and it has a very functional VR!

Tokina 11 - 16 is sharp, fast and wide but has very limited zoom.

Hope this is helpful. ;)

have the 24-70 f2.8, sold off the kit lens cause too slow and a little soft on wide open (i am taking baby so not using flash)
Somehow the 35mm stays on all the time.. Its light, sharp and practical.

Yea i am itchy for the new 50mm 1.4 too :D

i totally and absolutely adore my 18-135 kit lens, till i got 2 for myself.

You got two ?! Isin that on the edge of infatuation already:bsmilie: One for each of your camera bodies ?

Ryan

Using Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, Nikon 50mm f1.8, Nikon 85mm f1.8, maybe add the Tokina 11-16 f2.8 sometime in the future. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.