what kinda 3D2N holiday with my GF? Suggestions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonray

Mar 25, 2005
Hey guys... planning to bring my GF on a 3D2N holiday to nearby places. Ideas include a cruise to KL and back or maybe a short trip to bali. My GF wants a relaxing holiday but yet have things to do/see and maybe "some" shopping if possible.

I just want to know what else is there in Bali other than the beach? Is it ex to stay in one of the beach side resorts? I have seen pictures of people exploring the villages and towns around Bali... any natural scenery around bali? I presume so, but is it very inaccessible?

Any other holiday suggestions are welcome. TIA!

Bintan? :D

Bali hot like hell :p

for what you pay at bintan, i'd prefer bali, plus at bali, you get really really nice pictures at sunset.

Genting ?? :D

for what you pay at bintan, i'd prefer bali, plus at bali, you get really really nice pictures at sunset.

that's what i thought... the nice sunset... Genting is kinda nice coz both of us haven't been there before... but gambling isn't our thing... and she freakin scared of the rides at the theme park... so i dunno what else is there to do there? Whereas on the cruise to KL via Port Klang, i know at least there's nice food on board and also movies, KTV, pool, tennis, arcade... etc...

just wanted to find out more about what's there at Bali... coz i think if there's enough to do other than stroll along the beach... i'm pretty up for it...

hacknet, that's exactly what i tot... Ramius, i tot about genting but gambling isn't really our cup of tea... and she's scared to death about the theme park rides... so i dunno what kinda of activities can we do there then...

Just need to find out whether Bali got any like shopping/town or natural scenery to go look see.. then should be ok...

Anyone found starcruise to be VERY boring? what's there to do onboard? when we reach port Klang, they provide transport to KL? hope that someone can enlighten me...

Anyone found starcruise to be VERY boring? what's there to do onboard? when we reach port Klang, they provide transport to KL? hope that someone can enlighten me...

land tour need to pay $$$ if i remember correctly

but they do bring you to shopping centre, for a while, but if it were me i rather stay on board, the last time i went to shopping centre machiam singapore all over again, so damn boring and not that cheap either

star cruise? it depends on what sort of person you are, do you enjoy relaxing? when i was there i spent a lot of time in the library, theatre and gym.. and of course the restaurants. i woke up every morning to look at the sunset because it was just so convenient, don't even need to travel anywhere, you are guaranteed a good view unless it rains. there are also activties and entertainment on board, but unless you are a gambler, or like to just rot/relax.. unfortunately there is nothing much else to do. karoke maybe. there is also pool tables, arcade, but those can only last you so long. if you ask me, i did think i have a good time despite always going on cruise though. somehow, you feel so carefree.

Bali is :thumbsup:

10 things to do in Bali :

You can do nothing and relax,
cheap and good seafood on the beach,
lots of shopping and bargaining,
sea sports,
diving,
lots of land tour,
Spa for your GF,
Party,
Take lots of nice Photos,
Last but not least .... in door sports :lovegrin:

Transport is not a problem, taxi are cheap. Bali is big, so 3D2N sure cannot cover everything. There are many type of Resort there, HardRock Hotel charge S$70 onwards, Ritz Carlton S$200 onwards, lots of sea facing Resort ranging from S$70-S$200 also have. You can book on line also very easy, can see their price list and available dates. 3D2N can also go Bangkok, Hongkong, great food and shopping :lovegrin: (4D3N will be better though)

Depend on your budget

Cheaper one can go to nearby places like Batam, Malacca, KL or Genting

If you are not really into shopping, try cameron. The sunrise is nice. The sunset is beautiful. The air is fresh and it's basically laid back and very cooling as well.

for nearby, Phuket is one of the best.. further a bit, try hong kong or now u can try the Venetian in Macao, only 448++ for 3D2N.

checked with some tour agencies for packages... seems like it's pretty ex to go Bali due to the expensive flight tickets... cost up to $1.3k for 2 pax to stay 3D2N in 4Star hotel... and that doesn't include food and expenditure... kinda out of my budget...

So... considering Starcruise and maybe Genting... any bros here know which agencies are good for both of the above? and roughly how much would it be? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.