What JCs are best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its great that people are talking about which JC is great (actually, for me, I biased towards my own JC, lol), but we have face the reality: Once you are in, its all on you. Don't even think of depending on the prestige or wish for help. Its a nice independent life for A levels.

why not HCJC?:thumbsup:

The nearer you are, the higher tendency to get late :) Go whip up some discipline and go for the further JC :bsmilie:

IMO, choose a JC near your house. Travelling IS a big issue and the last thing I guess, would be you spending 1hr to and fro your house simply to get to school. And by the time u reach home, you'll be half-dead trying to catch up on sleep, studies and your energy.

TJC has good very serious study environment but since it is 1.5 hours away from u , i dont think it is a good idea. I was from TJC and I must say this: If anyone wants a blend of both studies and personal development, then VJC is the answer.

AJC is not bad too. They produce their fair share of good students.

As long as u r motivated to do well in your A levels, I am sure u can do well in NYJC. Come Nov 2008, all JC students will sit for the same paper.

Then if u get to NTU/NUS>SMU another phase of life begins for u ....

If you like NY, stay there, for you have forged relations with the people there already. Why waste time trying to adapt to a new environment.

Travelling time IS important. While you can catch some sleep on bus, by the time exams are near, that would be the last thing you want to do. Go home fast, take a breather and you can chiong for exams asap =)

No one mentioned YJ here ? Ahahah too "lan" liao ?

SAJC!

I love the culture, the chicks and the school song. If you prefer to speak english and you want to screw up your chinese further, thats the school for you. Great facilities at its new compound.

UP & ON!

I was a SA boy from Primary to JC, and now... I suck in mandarin. Whose fault ? Ummmm....
English A1, chinese D7 and the principal gives u the thumbs up! kidding la.

What about NJC? How come no one recommending?

Whichever JC you choose, I am sure you will enjoy it as it is really how you want to make out of it. My 2 years JC time was the best of my education years, better than the university.

Good luck.

i come from TPJC...
known for slackness.
but the teachers there are great and delicated
especially personal consulations.
till now, my junior and i are still in contact with 2 teachers and we often go out together for dinner.
i had my good share of fun with my class back then.
e.g. training dragon boating for sea carnival aka sea sports day, covering amost all sch events since no one wants to cover them.
and also good guidence from the teachers and my As were good
(maybe i was hardworking)

every JC has her own good and bad.
go with your heart.

RJC in my opinon, home of the elites and you rub shoulders with future leaders and maybe you will become a leader one day too. ACJC of course know how to have fun, heard that it is the JC for the scions of the rich of Spore. Allowancesper month more than what some of us earn in months.

Honestly, If you really are happy where you are then stay there.

Whether a JC is perceived to be better or not doesn't have that large a bearing on your final result. What matter is that you want to work hard for your A levels.

Having the JC nearer to your house might be better too because it saves time on a long commute to and from the JC and you can make use of that extra time.
Very true
I know people from RJ who get pangsai for A levels
and people from supposedly not so good jcs who excel
it's all in the person, not the school, really

SAJC!

I love the culture, the chicks and the school song. If you prefer to speak english and you want to screw up your chinese further, thats the school for you. Great facilities at its new compound.
0.o

if i want to screw up my chinese further!
hahaha

i like the.. school uniform for the girls
=(
but didn't get to go there. boohoohoo

Very true
I know people from RJ who get pangsai for A levels
and people from supposedly not so good jcs who excel
it's all in the person, not the school, really

ya right you can say that for everything. There are bound to be exceptions in every JC.

I am always a firm believer that the better your classmates are, the better you will become. Trust me, I believe my classmate throughout my study time were 10 times more influential than my teachers.

A lot of things, like the culture of studying, the questions they ask you, the motivation to beat the guy next to you, etc. But 1.5 hours is a bit too long. My commute from serangoon north avenue 1 to clementi was like 50 minutes.... Why don't you try National JC? should be closer.

ya right you can say that for everything. There are bound to be exceptions in every JC.

I am always a firm believer that the better your classmates are, the better you will become. Trust me, I believe my classmate throughout my study time were 10 times more influential than my teachers.

somewhat true, for certain people
but there are those who are able to self-motivate, etc , yuh
i won't really disagree, nor will i really agree, hehe :bsmilie:

the main thing in jc is to maintain a good balance anw, i think everyone going to jc should make full use of opportunities to participate in stuff he/she's interested in.. in general the studying is still in the last-minute-can-piah category, university and beyond probably less so already.. of course last minute still works sometimes. =D

Well congrats on ur score of 8 for your 'O's. With your score, i think you can pretty much choose choose any JC which you want. Better JC meaning with the "Elites"?
personally, i think all JCs are the same.

Its better to choose 1 JC which is closer to your home so that you will save on travelling time.

ITE la.... :thumbsup:

learn skill thinking hands.... :thumbsup:

Ngee Ann Poly :thumbsup:

:thumbsd:

just study there and go out work....no good...almost the lowest starting pay of all industrial IMHO

:thumbsup:

only if u can make it to uni after finish studying there...

0.o

if i want to screw up my chinese further!
hahaha

i like the.. school uniform for the girls
=(
but didn't get to go there. boohoohoo

ACJC uniform also nice so are the gals there.

Too bad I went to TJC and no life no gals :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.