What is the profit margin for an ave lens from Cathay/John 3:16 etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dept stores easily have 200-300% markup on their wares

It all goes to wages,rent, profit and then sopme for discounts etc

Why shd camera shops be any different

Everyone loves a good deal but the point is to try and support your favourite shops even if a little bit more expensive, so they continue to survive to serve you

Other than being an employee/the boss or anyway related/closs to them, in GENERAL, one way i can think off is to get the stock listing (which usually will list the products at costs) and to compare it with their selling price. How to get a stock listing?? (if they are non-exempt private limited companies and needs to be audited and you are happen to be either the auditor/related to the auditor/knows the person auditing these companies). To know who the auditors are? (just pay $5 to ACRA to get their latest financial statements, assuming they are not-exempt private limited companies **).

Tedious and IMPROPER? Yes in a way, but if definately gives u a very accurate information if you can get them.

Its just a thought anyway, so save your time from flaming me.

(** exempt private limited companies at the time of this post is: a company with no corporate shareholder and with sales less than $5m. I am sure pretty companies like HN, BD, etc are non-exempt and am guessing some smaller shops will exceed $5m sales although they may be owned by individuals)

Actually most of you are wrong, shops don't earn much espcially like TK, J316, AP etc... what they earn is by selling in qty instead...I will not disclose the actual detail, just give u example

lets say shop A sell 100 Camera, shop B sell 50 Camera, than Brand A state every piece they sold they get etc $5, so shop A will earn $500 while shop B get $250 from the brand maker

that is why these shop prices are so competitive...

I am open to explanations, mind explaining to me then what about those "rip-off" cases? Wouldn't it make more sense to sell cheap, than rip off tourists then return the profits to manufacturer for a $5 under your argument? I'm wondering how would your logic apply.

I am open to explanations, mind explaining to me then what about those "rip-off" cases? Wouldn't it make more sense to sell cheap, than rip off tourists then return the profits to manufacturer for a $5 under your argument? I'm wondering how would your logic apply.

Basically the statement doesn't hold water. I do business and I know the basic business cost. But to spout such nonsense just because he is/was in a sales line shows his knowledge of the business is very shallow.

Every business aim to make money. After paying salaries and overheads and "paying" $5 to manufacturer and still have money to roll over shows the hefty premium consumers are paying for the cameras/accessories.

Can fool some people some of the time but can't fool everybody all the time. :what:

Basically the statement doesn't hold water. I do business and I know the basic business cost. But to spout such nonsense just because he is/was in a sales line shows his knowledge of the business is very shallow.

Every business aim to make money. After paying salaries and overheads and "paying" $5 to manufacturer and still have money to roll over shows the hefty premium consumers are paying for the cameras/accessories.

Can fool some people some of the time but can't fool everybody all the time. :what:

He is probably in a different sales line....like selling credit cards maybe.

The easiest way for the people who wants to know the profit margin of a product is to go open a shop and ask distributor for stock. You will know how hard to earn people $$ when you are paying rent etc.. + stock(credit) at the end of the month when people are chasing you for payment.

Why debating of how much they earn? if you think you can do it, just do the same and see the results(landed property) that you are going to have.
In the end, you can compare the prices and buy from the one which you are comfortable with. Since technology is available to almost everyone, online shops or forums can provide more then enough info.

The easiest way for the people who wants to know the profit margin of a product is to go open a shop and ask distributor for stock. You will know how hard to earn people $$ when you are paying rent etc.. + stock(credit) at the end of the month when people are chasing you for payment.

Why debating of how much they earn? if you think you can do it, just do the same and see the results(landed property) that you are going to have.
In the end, you can compare the prices and buy from the one which you are comfortable with. Since technology is available to almost everyone, online shops or forums can provide more then enough info.

Fully agreed :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.