What is the best way to get rid of mouth ulcers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
erm think my remedy has to be the most unique..
Beer

I dunno if its the alcohol (never tried wine) or the high vitamin B in it. but after drinking beer my ulcers heals faster. (usually the next day)
but must really let the ulcer soak in the beer.

heh you try leh.. I would love to hear if it works on others. Cos it hurts less than the rest and works best for me.

Further preventive measures can be taken by making sure your tooth brush and rinse cup is free from contact with creepy crawlies like lizards, roaches etc.

t.heng said:
try a gel called bonjela, you can get it from the pharmacy. Stings like crazy when you first put it on, but it works very well!
I AGREE ON THIS!!

One tip: Store it in the refrigerator first.. So when its cold already, you will at least get a cooling sensation. Not that stinging. :) Mum tipped me on this.... She does that.

lil_princess said:
I AGREE ON THIS!!

One tip: Store it in the refrigerator first.. So when its cold already, you will at least get a cooling sensation. Not that stinging. :) Mum tipped me on this.... She does that.

ah...maybe thats why my kids never complain :bsmilie: good tip anyway :thumbsup:

lil_princess said:
I AGREE ON THIS!!

and make sure that your tube is not expired.

i have a tube manufactured in year 2000 and expired in 2003 and the gel already turn yellow when i use it a few days ago :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

StreetShooter said:
It's a prescription-only medicine, so get it from your friendly neighbourhood GP.

which means can't MO? the consultation fee not cheap nowadays....went to clinic for some flu and sore throat medicine already cost me $40 :bigeyes:

StreetShooter said:
It's a prescription-only medicine, so get it from your friendly neighbourhood GP.

Actually, I've asked this before and it is not on the controlled drug list, but I heard from pharmacy that the company did not apply for exemption or something ... is that true Dr Streetshooter?

The other good thing for ulcer is bactidoor (not sure the exact spelling), it is red in colour mouth rinse. Rinse before bed, usually will take care of minor sore throat and ulcers.

Wai said:
and make sure that your tube is not expired.

i have a tube manufactured in year 2000 and expired in 2003 and the gel already turn yellow when i use it a few days ago :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Ewwww so gross.... What have you been doing at home? Never do srping cleaning huh... :think: :think: Hehehe...

soma said:
er..you rub salt onto the ulcer huh.. wrong liao la..just mix the salt with water and rinse the mouth many time..:sweat:

Yup, I works for me this way too.

scanner said:
Not necessary. Even when I was away in colder countries, I still get ulcers..... The main casue of ulcers is the food you eat ...
Colder countries... Where? I stayed in Rochester. NY. Temperature over there can go as low as -20 to -15 degree F. Ever got frost bite before? I did.... in January 1997.

I can eat tons and tons of chocolate and french fries while staying there. Try this feat in Singapore and I am sure to get at least three ulcers the next day.

lil_princess said:
I thought this method is when you have a sore throat???? :think: :dunno:
Yes, you can use this method for mouth ulcers too. My father does the exact same whenever he has them. Poor man's Kenelog.

anyone tried Difflam Mouth Gel from 3M??

i just got it from Guardian @ $9.70 and it's stated "Poison" :bsmilie: ... after applying to my ulcers... instead of the ulcer not feeling pain.. my tongue became numb...:think: :bsmilie:

My opinion on why salt work for some and not for all. Correct me if I'm wrong. Salt water will actually 'cause' the membrane(cytoplasm) of the bacteria to shrink/swell (Depending which direction of flow of water concentration) and die, through a process called osmosis. This is true on the white blood cells also. Thus different concentration of the salt water will have different effect on the bacteria and the WBC.

Some of us put in lotsa salt, high concentration result killing almost every single cells, thus become worst. Some may put in just the right amount, which kills only the bacteria, thus become better.

Any kind doc out there willing to shed more light on this ?

zhang3feng said:
anyone tried Difflam Mouth Gel from 3M??

i just got it from Guardian @ $9.70 and it's stated "Poison" :bsmilie: ... after applying to my ulcers... instead of the ulcer not feeling pain.. my tongue became numb...:think: :bsmilie:

Er ... Difflam comes in Gargle, Lozegenes and mouth gel, it will only numb your mouth and throat. I used it very often to numb my throat from tonsilities..... so I can eat without pain .

poohbear said:
My opinion on why salt work for some and not for all. Correct me if I'm wrong. Salt water will actually 'cause' the membrane(cytoplasm) of the bacteria to shrink/swell (Depending which direction of flow of water concentration) and die, through a process called osmosis. This is true on the white blood cells also. Thus different concentration of the salt water will have different effect on the bacteria and the WBC.

Some of us put in lotsa salt, high concentration result killing almost every single cells, thus become worst. Some may put in just the right amount, which kills only the bacteria, thus become better.

Any kind doc out there willing to shed more light on this ?

interesting way to explain it.. :think:

behyx said:
CNY just over,
ate a lot of goodies,
i have a heaty body which = to ulcer breakout!

it's really uncomfortable, is there any good and fast methods to get rid of them or to prevent them (other than drinking lotsa water)?

Today i counted 3, 1 on gum, 1 on tongue, 1 on upper lips, i got 2 mini ones at the tip of my tongue - just recovered..
I tried rubbing salt, applying medication, but it usually take a few days to go disappear.. :cry:

Then it's so irritating, it's hard to talk some times, especially bad if i'm meeting clients. :cry:
I use Orased Jel for relieve. Think it's better than Bonjela, which I think is quite useless.

Well, I got 11 ulcers last time.. That was very terrible... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.