What Is Shutter Count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot!
Oh my camera's shutter life has completed half its journey...

how to tell that the camera have been used for night photography?? care to share...it sound interesting...

Nope.. you can't tell... but you have seen them posting in the Night sub-forum.. hahahah :bsmilie:

so wad happens when the shutter fails? juz cannot take pix?
tt means long exposures like star trails onli shorten the camera's CMOS life?

so wad happens when the shutter fails? juz cannot take pix?
tt means long exposures like star trails onli shorten the camera's CMOS life?

I read that aging shutters usually display a symptom whereby they cannot catch up with the needed faster shutter speeds anymore.

So say you want to take a pix at 1/1000 sec and the camera thinks it's moving at 1/1000 sec, but actually only manages to move about 1/800 sec, causing exposure problems.

usually 100k...
Most probably 100k is for pro series dSLR. Most consumer dSLR is around 50k. Canon and Nikon is different. Nikon IIRC is less than Canon (don't flame me :sweat: ).

Regards,
Arto.

So if the shutter old liao, can it be replaced? if so, how much?
if so, do ppl normally replace or get a new cam?

Replace... in the range of about 200 - 300++

Since i was sarcastically told not to ask about this to a seller in the Buy&Sell forum.

So what is this shutter count? how do you benefit from knowing anything about it?

thank you for your kind attention. *pissed off*

can share with us who that nut is ? or pm me?

anyway..if he dun want to tell u, my guess is his shutter count is very sky high already

Pardon my ignorance here. Am I able to read the shutter count off the camera directly? If yes, where should I be going for my D70 - setup?

Pardon my ignorance here. Am I able to read the shutter count off the camera directly? If yes, where should I be going for my D70 - setup?

Not sure if it's directly readable off your menu somewhere. For my Olympus E-330, I had to key in some 'secret' button press combination to reach a service menu (meant only for service technicians) that tells me that. Might be better to ask this question in the Nikon forum.

Not sure if it's directly readable off your menu somewhere. For my Olympus E-330, I had to key in some 'secret' button press combination to reach a service menu (meant only for service technicians) that tells me that. Might be better to ask this question in the Nikon forum.

I also using the E-330.. possible to PM me the 'secret' so i can find out wats my shutter count?? thanks..

AFAIK, you can't read shutter count directly.

You need this software (or others that capable reading shutter count):
http://drchung.new21.net/previewextractor/

Regards,
Arto.

You mean like cheat code on playstation? Left, left, left, up, left, right, down, right, left... :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

I also using the E-330.. possible to PM me the 'secret' so i can find out wats my shutter count?? thanks..
If you know it, it is no secret anymore :bsmilie: .

Joking only ha...

Regards,
Arto.

You mean like cheat code on playstation? Left, left, left, up, left, right, down, right, left... :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

Yup, something like that. But it doesn't work anymore for me.
A firmware upgrade to my E-330 either disabled it or changed its combo key sequence to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.