What if X200 is an interchangeable lens Rangefinder but manual focus only?

Interchangeable lens Rangefinder but manual focus only?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Soundbyte

Mar 4, 2006
Just out of curiosity - What if... big "IF" (I don't think it will happen)

X200 is an interchangeable lens Rangefinder but manual focus only? Fujifilm can produce manual focus lens i.e. 21mm, 35mm, 50mm, 75 mm, 90 mm and etc. Optical & electronic viewfinder with lines for the various lens. This will be a hybrid M9 with electronic viewfinder...

Is anyone interested?

I think this product is already on the market. It's called the M8/M8.2/R-D1s etc.

true... at a very high price! Imagine at prices of 1/4 of Leica for the lens!

true... at a very high price! Imagine at prices of 1/4 of Leica for the lens!

Interesting that the estimate for the hypothetical lenses would be 1/4 of Leica lenses. Wouldn't those already by available also in the VC M mount lenses, which are also at a fraction of Leica glass, now?

I will buy X-200 if it has a fixed leica lens 18-55mm, Auto focus, Movie, no mirror, 3" LCD with 931K dots, and PASM.

i think x100 is good enough for me..
interchangeable would be nice, but i am ok with fixed lens cameras..
manual focus? why not! i am so used to manual focus i found it a little awkward using AF, especially when the AF hunts for focus..

Maybe if the rangefinder and the lenses are good - not this 35mm F/3 equivalent kind of stuff.

Maybe if the rangefinder and the lenses are good - not this 35mm F/3 equivalent kind of stuff.

well, the lens are not yet tested fully.. and it is f/2? ;)

but, the only problem with the x100 now is that the focusing is not really RF focusing, unless they have a focus confirmation LED or something like that, focusing manually would be just like manual focusing with SLR without focusing screen..

i would really like x200 to be a real RF (don't need to have the hybrid VF) and the x300 to be x100 with interchangeable lens, and x400 to be interchangeable digital RF, much like digital M or RD1..:lovegrin::lovegrin:

:bsmilie: wait long long!

I agreed. Forget all those innovative features. Just make a body like M9 and a series of fast primes that match the sumilux.

If it's cheaper than an M8 and takes M mount lenses, it's a yes for me :)

Get the Ricoh GXR, a M-mount module with 12MP CMOS APS-C sensor is arriving soon.