What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happened once when the center of the universe "changed" from earth to sun. And then when potato and rice are healthy until atkins. And then girls realized one day that george michael is gay.

First disbelief, then anger, and finally acceptance.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
but 1st thing 1st... can somebody tell me y A is written like tis... A

A and a came from the greek (then greek) letter alpha, which was derived from phoenician aleph
30px-Phoenician_aleph.png
, which actually means ox.

The reason A comes first is because during the olden times, ox is very important and main source of livelihood. Hesiod once advised the early Greek farmers, "First get an ox, then a woman." Translating this to Singlish, "First get car, then get women (bigger car, more seat, more women... except bus and lorry)".

For all bo liao people like me, you can read more here for Alpha and here for Aleph.

hongsien said:
Never just blindly believe and accept............try to understand, and experience it, test it out in your life, and see what works. It is not foolproof, but at least you have tried to put things in practice........

BTW: you never followed your teachers? Naughty you!............

Hong Sien
Does it mean that 10/10 stuff that teachers say are always right?

I used to have a form teacher that preaches discreet elitism and racism to the class. Does it mean she's right? :dunno:

jsbn said:

I used to have a form teacher that preaches discreet elitism and racism to the class. Does it mean she's right? :dunno:
Wow! What school did you go to?

It is good you use your own mind to think..........

Hong Sien

jsbn said:

My teacher (lecturer) thought IM Pei was Japanese. :think: :sweat:

I teacher biased to girls and one that is worse. Never EVER remembered any students' names.:eek:

jsbn said:
All that u had learnt in your past 30 to 40yrs of your school and learning life (having obtained a PhD), your religious life. Everything that you had believed in and worked based on the belief and knowledge is all wrong... absolutely wrong. And that everything u had believed to be wrong (as taught by teachers, religious leaders, high-handed morals by politicians, etc) is right.

What would u do?

Then just do what what you think is right. There are people in this world who persists in doing wrong things, even though they know it is wrong. Sometimes doing some right and wrong things can make life happier and more interesting. If there is anybody who is always right or always wrong, I wonder if this person is still human. :bsmilie:

Sion said:
She is Your Shadow.
How can I get rid of it? It really annoys me!......following me anywhere I go! But at night she is gone........wonder where she goes then??

Hong Sien

jsbn said:
All that u had learnt in your past 30 to 40yrs of your school and learning life (having obtained a PhD), your religious life. Everything that you had believed in and worked based on the belief and knowledge is all wrong... absolutely wrong. And that everything u had believed to be wrong (as taught by teachers, religious leaders, high-handed morals by politicians, etc) is right.

What would u do?

you want to convert to Nikon?

The urge for humans to compete is an instinct. It's biological and a product of evolution. Peace will never happen. Just like happiness and contentment will never last.
We'll have this 'itch' to compete, if we notice that we are not alone, wherever we are. Whether we are among the rich or the poor, the good or the bad.
That's why humans play this game called society.

Non-Nikon Body, Nikon F-Mount lens counted? :bsmilie:

The most important thing is to move on. Why drool on the past when it is the future that you should be thinking about. You cannot change the past but you can plan for the future. Life is about choosing and making mistakes. The most important thing is to get back on your feet and move on. What is wrong before may be right in the future and vice-versa. So take a deep breath and appreciate all the wonderful things you have now that may be gone tomorrow.

dawgbyte77 said:
A and a came from the greek (then greek) letter alpha, which was derived from phoenician aleph
30px-Phoenician_aleph.png
, which actually means ox.

The reason A comes first is because during the olden times, ox is very important and main source of livelihood. Hesiod once advised the early Greek farmers, "First get an ox, then a woman." Translating this to Singlish, "First get car, then get women (bigger car, more seat, more women... except bus and lorry)".

For all bo liao people like me, you can read more here for Alpha and here for Aleph.

ooo.. somebody gimme an answer... den can tell me about B? :sweatsm:

btw i think i like the Chinese version better...
[SIZE=-1]
先上车
, 候补票 :devil:[/SIZE]

benedium said:
The urge for humans to compete is an instinct. It's biological and a product of evolution. Peace will never happen. Just like happiness and contentment will never last.
We'll have this 'itch' to compete, if we notice that we are not alone, wherever we are. Whether we are among the rich or the poor, the good or the bad.
That's why humans play this game called society.
We humans also have the ability to make a choice not to follow our instincts! Just to blame everything on our instincts is I find just an excuse, as if we can't take responsibility. I am convinced it is our big ego that is the 'cause' of all this mess.

Animals follow their instincts, and yet their society is not in a mess as ours.......

Hong Sien

Status
Not open for further replies.