what good is a photographer who doesn't do edits?

sorry, feeling a little dumb today ...... do you mean edit as it choosing a few photos out of hundreds/thousands or are you referring to edit as in photoshop ?

i trash almost everything except the ones that I like ........ it keeps me on my toes and my HDD light
Thats one thing digital affords me ...... like it or not I still have develop rolls and rolls of negatives in the past while with digital, i can freely delete delete and delete to my heart's content.....
ya lor,
one edit with delete button,
one edit with softwares
this is call edit, that also call edit,
don't know which edit is the edit that TS referring to?

scaled.php

... Since 1876.

irritainment said:
what good is a photographer who doesn't do edits?

The BEST you can ever be.

Why edit? Waste time and energy.......

Edit means it's fake.......

troll thread?

a photographer is only as good as his last assignment (paid job)
who cares if he edit it or not, as long as his clients paid and he get more jobs in the future ( not taking about doing cheap work and promised more jobs in the future)

Zichar said:
Just googled him, not bad; what's up with Yadi Yasin then?

Most of his landscape shots are straight out of camera. :) he only use filters to control how the scene turns out. Very little pp work done. :)

I have a friend who told me that he snaps and gives the photo to the person. He has no time to edit.

His trick.. compose and frame your test shot and all the way!

If the client pays then he was good. Some people still work on older standards of getting it all correct on frame in camera without the need to edit or make it look good after shooting.

If you are a photojournalist who is reporting on news events, then your news photos should not be edited for beauty; or worse - edited to hide the truth; or worst of all - edited to add in stuff that was not there to distort the news event.
You have to be authentic, so that the public can rely on you to tell the truth in your photos ALL OF THE TIME.

Last edited:
If you are a photojournalist who is reporting on news events, then your news photos should not be edited for beauty; or worse - edited to hide the truth; or worst of all - edited to add in stuff that was not there to distort the news event.
You have to be authentic, so that the public can rely on you to tell the truth in your photos ALL OF THE TIME.

Thumb up:)

Put it this way, you have the choice to choose edits to not to edits..... Equipment maker will make as convenient as possible not to edit....software maker will comes out powerful software for edit.
The user, choose....

A cser here mention that " Edit mean it Fake". Very interesting... let me ask the bros and sisters here this question cuz i getting confused after reading what he say. In the modern day now, does shooting in black & white consider edit? well... my personal point of view i would say YES. So does that mean any photographer that ever shoot in black & white before, i mean even those pro that wins award is consider fake too from my point of view? What i m trying to say here is that there are no right or wrong in photography... so long u get the job done, your client is happy and you are happy and that it. I m sorry if i offend anybody but all these is truly my personal point of view. To all fellow cser's here, feel free to alighten me if you think i m wrong or share with me your point of view too.

I used to operate a photolab. This customer sent a roll of pro film & told me not to do any correction - just print as it is. When he collected the prints he asked why the pics are so dark & I reminded him of his instructions. Then I printed one of them right then with 2 stops brighter density. The next time he came again he told me to use my discretion. Adjusting brightness is also editing but if you don't tell ppl how will they know. I can take a pic shot at noontime, add a half graduating light reddish filter & turn it into an evening shot. Who will know if I don't tell.

Tonistein said:
I used to operate a photolab. This customer sent a roll of pro film & told me not to do any correction - just print as it is. When he collected the prints he asked why the pics are so dark & I reminded him of his instructions. Then I printed one of them right then with 2 stops brighter density. The next time he came again he told me to use my discretion. Adjusting brightness is also editing but if you don't tell ppl how will they know. I can take a pic shot at noontime, add a half graduating light reddish filter & turn it into an evening shot. Who will know if I don't tell.

Thumb ups..