what flim to use ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenWAYS

May 27, 2003
thinking of capturing my frds learning dancing in their classes ?
was wondering what flim should i use?? and the points that i shld take note of ?

thankss'
7ways

sevenWAYS said:
was wondering what flim should i use?? and the points that i shld take note of ?

thankss'
7ways

Lighting condition? Guess ISO 400 shoudl be sufficient. If you can use a flash. Use one. Bounce off the ceiling

sevenWAYS said:

thankss'
7ways

Is it an indoor class? How is the ambient like (bright light/low light)? This are some of the factor you need to consider. Care to share?

hi, u can use faster films also... like ISO 800. Depends on wat effects u wan to produce. If u wan to keep the "mood" and the "feeling" u can try without the flash and use bigger aperture....

tks alot for the fast replies....... wow.....
the dance class is a indoor one ..... and i was thinking of like not using flashes ? but i am using EOS300 with only the built in flash as the avaliable lighting ......... not really keen to use the flash as it is a dancing class after all and the flash will be distracting .........

7ways

sevenWAYS said:
the dance class is a indoor one ..... and i was thinking of like not using flashes ? but i am using EOS300 with only the built in flash as the avaliable lighting ......... not really keen to use the flash as it is a dancing class after all and the flash will be distracting .........

7ways

If you are going to use a flash, I suggest you get an external one. The built in one is only good for fill. If you don't want to use a flash, an alternative is to use fast lenses. ISO 800 film might also be good.

sevenWAYS said:

7ways

Hi... U might like to look at some dance photos I took on 31/1/04 at Victoria Theatre at AJC Dance Alumni Photos

I did not use flash at all because (i) all the stage lighting would not be captured at all, (ii) it might distract the performers, (iii) I wanted some amount of motion blur to emphasise the dance motions.

As such, I used Fuji Superia ISO 1600 film with a monopod... I was able to use shutter speed of up to 1/60s without flash under stage lighting. The graininess of the film wasn't too obvious when I developed them into 4R too...

Just my 2 cents worth... hope it helps :)

either fuji superia xtra 400 or fuji press 800 will do
. they dance alone of in group? can either shoot with emphasis on individual dancer or on "groups" of 2 or 3 or more dancer as n when they occur in the split second in the scene

If you are shooting in a dance studio with mirror walls, be careful of your flash giving you unwanted effects!

Anyway, the faster films should be good... you can try Fuji Supreria 800...think it got quite a good reputation for a fast film. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.