What does it mean when u say a lens is fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Pao said:
However, it comes in very handy in low-light conditions where sometimes you can get away with a sharp picture (no handshake blur) without using a tripod.

wee... so its quite useful for indoor stuff like weddings? except the AF prob and DOF.. :bigeyes:

+evenstar said:
Yes, discontinued lens, but not up to par with the 50mm f1.4 counterpart, as many say...

yo! u have the proer one rite!!!

limmatthias said:
wee... so its quite useful for indoor stuff like weddings? except the AF prob and DOF.. :bigeyes:

my opinion, indoor stuff like weddings may tend to get darker than expected, so bounce flash off the ceiling or something will be a good idea..cuz i wudent want to be using too high an ISO for any ocassion..and bounce flash retains most natural lighting if used correctly..

em, just a question, theres a diff btwn noise, and colour bleeding in a final picture? severe colour bleeding is caused by insufficient lens elements/groups to refract light.......? :think:

doug3fflux said:
em, just a question, theres a diff btwn noise, and colour bleeding in a final picture? severe colour bleeding is caused by insufficient lens elements/groups to refract light.......? :think:

Noise = [size=-1]Unwanted electronic or optical signals that cause interference in the reproduction of an image.

Colour bleeding = ? What you described sounds like chromatic abberation instead. Colour bleeding in an inkjet print is when ink spots on a paper diffuse into neighbouring spots, causing unintended mixing of colours.
[/size]

Ah Pao said:
Noise = [size=-1]Unwanted electronic or optical signals that cause interference in the reproduction of an image.

Colour bleeding = ? What you described sounds like chromatic abberation instead. Colour bleeding in an inkjet print is when ink spots on a paper diffuse into neighbouring spots, causing unintended mixing of colours.
[/size]

thanks for the link :)
so the red/green blur of colours in parts of the picture where there are single hues..is called CA? or is it just due to poor resolution..

just read up on wiki the definition of CA...yeap that was what i was referring to..thanks anyway Ah Pao..

so fluorite, apo and basically lenses that have greater number of lens elements in groups give colours that are sharper/more saturated....?

kingpin said:
Think fastest lens is the f1.0 like the Leica 50mm f1.0 nocturnal. But I stand to be corrected. Believe there is a f0.8. Think it is a canon lens. Anyone?

The FD is a f0.95..

With a little cheating, there is, of course, the Carl Zeiss N-Mirotar 210mm f0.03 lense...

Status
Not open for further replies.