What do you use other then the blower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swatch

Oct 28, 2005
Highlander
What do you use when the dust blower doesn't work to clean the sensor or lens? Have some dust in my sensor,the dustblower thing is not blowing the dust away!;(

sometimes, u might have blow at the wrong part..becos the mirror reflections may lead u to think the dust is at Part A when in fact its in Part B..

if all else fails, go to nikon, becos the sensor is a very sensitive area..not worth to play it on ur own.. cheers!

Im a canon user :bsmilie: K thx...shall try...
Saw something called SpeckGRABBER , anyone can tell how it works?

well, i'd try the svs centre hahaa..... i rather not risk my sensor.....

Well, if my blower doesn't work, I use David at P&G. :)

tingchiyen said:
Well, if my blower doesn't work, I use David at P&G. :)
Well, how much is David at P&G? haha :bsmilie:

Take the high-class tissue (PecPed), wrap it round a plastic knife that has been shaped accordingly. Drip some high-class methanol (Eclipse), and activate cleaning mode (PLEASE get a power cord that supplies from your home/office's AC supply, you never know when your batteries run flat, but then again, AC also can trip :)). Rub rub rub and your sensor will be cleaner. Target is ZERO specks.

It is VERY hard to scratch the sensor, considering that it is glass. You can try scratching a glass table with your pen-knife. It is possible to break the glass by applying too much pressure, and that's where you should really take care.

Copperhill method works. I assure you. I have been taught this by fellow Clubsnapper.

Anyone used the SpeckGRABBER or the visible dust products? Pls post on your experience:)

Blower doesn't work? Well, I just use the 'other' blower ... My Mouth! ;p
Just kidding! Don't try that or you'll end up with more than just dust on the sensor! ;)
I normally just send it to the service centre for cleaning.

Well sometimes I fart real hard
tongue.gif

When blower does not work & dust too obvious... its down to service center for me

gryphon said:
Well sometimes I fart real hard
tongue.gif

That's the good one... and ur fart can kills those fungal pores inside..... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

2 birds with 1 stone !

yowch said:
Take the high-class tissue (PecPed), wrap it round a plastic knife that has been shaped accordingly. Drip some high-class methanol (Eclipse), and activate cleaning mode (PLEASE get a power cord that supplies from your home/office's AC supply, you never know when your batteries run flat, but then again, AC also can trip :)). Rub rub rub and your sensor will be cleaner. Target is ZERO specks.

It is VERY hard to scratch the sensor, considering that it is glass. You can try scratching a glass table with your pen-knife. It is possible to break the glass by applying too much pressure, and that's where you should really take care.

Copperhill method works. I assure you. I have been taught this by fellow Clubsnapper.

Great Method....... I use copper Hill method also....

Status
Not open for further replies.