What do you look for when selecting Digital SLR?

What do you look for when selecting Digital SLR?

Results are only viewable after voting.

the results are really interesting. if only more items can be included in the polls. I didn't expect HDR to be the least interest to many. As i transit from film to digital I found this area need a lot to catch up.

Goldmember said:
the results are really interesting. if only more items can be included in the polls. I didn't expect HDR to be the least interest to many. As i transit from film to digital I found this area need a lot to catch up.

I would prefer bracketing than inbody HDR. Unless you mean the same thing

kei1309 said:
The rumored A77 is said to be able to hit close to 20.. Then you need to start worrying if the shutter and sensor can take the punishment.

You need to worry about your money because of the number of high capacity, high speed cards you need to purchase.

You need to worry about your money because of the number of high capacity, high speed cards you need to purchase.

I have 2 32GB class 10 SD cards populating my D7000. Should be enough I think. Now if only I can get this camera to go faster... :D

Bought it for a 4 day trek where I wasn't able to carry my laptop due to el cheapo airline weight restrictions.

fmeeran said:
I have 2 32GB class 10 SD cards populating my D7000. Should be enough I think. Now if only I can get this camera to go faster... :D

Bought it for a 4 day trek where I wasn't able to carry my laptop due to el cheapo airline weight restrictions.

Rich man :)

If you shoot RAW at 20 fps on a 24 MP sensor (I don't know the exact resolution of the rumoured A77 but yeah, just an example), I'm pretty sure you'll not have a problem filling the cards up :)

brapodam said:
If you shoot RAW at 20 fps on a 24 MP sensor (I don't know the exact resolution of the rumoured A77 but yeah, just an example), I'm pretty sure you'll not have a problem filling the cards up :)

Yea bro... Rumored 24mp sensor plus rumored quad processor will fill up the cards fast. Buffer better be large too. Else it'll just defeat the purpose of high frame rate

Yea bro... Rumored 24mp sensor plus rumored quad processor will fill up the cards fast. Buffer better be large too. Else it'll just defeat the purpose of high frame rate

Yeah. Imagine if it shoots 20 fps but buffer only 1 shot :bsmilie: No use

brapodam said:
Yeah. Imagine if it shoots 20 fps but buffer only 1 shot :bsmilie: No use

Shoot. Then wait. Then wait... And wait...it would be ridiculous to buffer for exactly 20fps too.. Then might as well use 10fps.. At least then it won't appear slow :bsmilie:

While there are no perfect SLR in the world, what do you look for when selecting Digital SLR?

I bring a group of XMM into the store and wave different DSLR in front of them. Their reaction determines what I buy.

So far, I end up buying the Hello Kitty editions of all the Nikon flagship cameras. :bsmilie:

edutilos- said:
I bring a group of XMM into the store and wave different DSLR in front of them. Their reaction determines what I buy.

So far, I end up buying the Hello Kitty editions of all the Nikon flagship cameras. :bsmilie:

Are there any???

Please lah. These are SG XMM we're talking about here. Must be Louis Vuitton!!

photosyok.com_nikon-D3-louis-vutton.jpg

Rashkae said:
Please lah. These are SG XMM we're talking about here. Must be Louis Vuitton!!

Haha who knows? Maybe Louis Vuitton cameras can land you cougars as well :bsmilie:

I think for beginners, DSLRs should be user friendly- there are basic photography classes out there but overall I would definitely like a user-friendly DSLR that can take great pictures without me editting too much :)

Acmamall said:
I think for beginners, DSLRs should be user friendly- there are basic photography classes out there but overall I would definitely like a user-friendly DSLR that can take great pictures without me editting too much :)

Different level users have different needs and what to look out for. Like what Acmamall says, he has that need. However, to really learn photography, not just using it to take snapshots, mild to extensive editing is inevitable.

Interesting poll.

Interesting to see that noise gets the most amount of concern. In this day and age any DSLR, mirrorless or micro 4/3rd cameras have perfectly acceptable image quality up to ISO800. Noise should really not be a concern anymore.

Interesting poll.

Interesting to see that noise gets the most amount of concern. In this day and age any DSLR, mirrorless or micro 4/3rd cameras have perfectly acceptable image quality up to ISO800. Noise should really not be a concern anymore.

To most people it's all about the numbers.... Many people on here are pixel-peepers, they'll complain about noise and since they never print for customers, they never realize it's a non-issue or can even be beneficial.

On my A900, which is not exactly a high-ISO beast, I frequently need to ADD noise before printing... Just to give it that "nice" look that customers love.

Don't forget the viewfinder. You must be able to see the VF information in bright light... Sunlight...

good resale value. Not happy with it, can sell it off.
As well as a readily available of 2nd hand equipment plus a good choices of third party lenses and accessories.