What do I need for C4000z?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoBoy

Apr 9, 2002
psychoboy.siaosiao.net
I just sold my Sony F505V so now I have a budget of around $1K for a new Olympus C4000Z. I should be getting the camera these 2 days in Alan Photo. Price last check was $825 with GST, 4xbatteries, charger, 64MB SM comes free.

Now, what else do I need to buy for this camera? I would like to get everything at one go. Camera bag I already have one. filter I don't have any. any good teleconv to recommend?

I got this camera.... it's working fine... you could get a UV filter to protect the lense from the outside world....

then if you want to get a teleconveter you better get one of a smaller thread size.... i got a bigger one and it didn't turn out that fine.... maybe it's just mi :D

Originally posted by SianZronG
I got this camera.... it's working fine... you could get a UV filter to protect the lense from the outside world....

then if you want to get a teleconveter you better get one of a smaller thread size.... i got a bigger one and it didn't turn out that fine.... maybe it's just mi :D

what TC does you have? what thread size?

it's nothing to do with the thread size. it's to do with the quality of the lens.

Originally posted by mpenza

it's nothing to do with the thread size. it's to do with the quality of the lens.
so what do you recommend? I will need a TC. always been using a 5x optical zoom camera so I think I will miss the zoom...

Originally posted by PsychoBoy

so what do you recommend? I will need a TC. always been using a 5x optical zoom camera so I think I will miss the zoom...

then buy a camera with a 5x optical zoom.

Originally posted by erwinx

then buy a camera with a 5x optical zoom.
I am taking up diving, so want to take photo underwater too. I don't think any of the camera with 5x/8x zoom has cheap UW housing.

Originally posted by mpenza

yeah i agree too maybe it's just mi.... i used 2 lenses a wide and a tele.... then the wide dosen't work on mine but it works fine on another guy's cam.... :confused: time to get a good one :D
but still thanks for correcting mi before i mislead a guy...

Originally posted by PsychoBoy

I am taking up diving, so want to take photo underwater too. I don't think any of the camera with 5x/8x zoom has cheap UW housing.

underwater photography so you wanan fit the cam into the water tight box.... but when you do that it can't with lense adapters....

underwater photography so you wanan fit the cam into the water tight box.... but when you do that it can't with lense adapters....
you can still mount lens on the UW housing. the lens will be a diff set of lens used.

I do use the camera quite alot when I don't dive. so I also need things to work with the camera when it is not in the UW housing.

so what TC you using and any recommendation on better TCs?

Originally posted by Jayan
U want big zoom wait for the Oly C-730UZ...10x optical zoom wif 3.3MP. ;)
I want a camera that has cheap underwater housing. the oly C-7x0UZ doesn't have UW housing available.

Originally posted by Jayan
U want big zoom wait for the Oly C-730UZ...10x optical zoom wif 3.3MP. ;)

The first samples of the C730 is a bit negative ,lots on noise ,and a litlle bit of CA .

Check out the picture who is taked with 10X zoom ,with the boy.

http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Digicamera/C730ulzm/c730uzsp.html

Status
Not open for further replies.