what did u buy @ IT SHOW 2009 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bought a dlink DNS-323 SAN http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=509
tried to buy the 3.5" HDDs also but somehow couldnt find them at the IT SHOW

haha joke man. IT SHOW cannot find HDDs..seems like they're only selling the portable ones these days. sigh. went home with 2 boxes but cannot use...haha

Wow, very useful and interesting product.

How much did you buy them for? $199? Or were there further discount?

Wow, very useful and interesting product.

How much did you buy them for? $199? Or were there further discount?
the website is in USD..hehe. i paid $209 for it. you have to get your own HDDs though. seems like it's the most value for money for this type of product around..

the website is in USD..hehe. i paid $209 for it. you have to get your own HDDs though. seems like it's the most value for money for this type of product around..

Yes, u will typically need to buy a full fledge server to do this kindda dedicated FTP hosting.... $209+probably another $200 for a FTP sever:bigeyes:

And, anyway, wow! thats value for $$$$, since when did the USD-SGD conversion rate become like1.05??

what i meant to say was the $199 listed on the website was in United States Dollars. I bought it at the IT show at Suntec Level 6 in Singapore for 209 Singapore Dollars.

I have my own FTP service running off a webhost already, so no big deal. And that's 100GB of server space! don't know how i'm going to finish using it.

I got it more for backup since it runs a RAID1, and also to stream media to my PS3 at home. coolness! not to mention the ability to download torrents without having the PC turned on. But then again..who downloads stuff using bit torrents? It's bad for you! hehe

Yea, i understand that u got it for SGD209.

Juz making a joke out of the conversion rate by the importer/manufacturer in view of the ailling US economy:D

BTW, care to share which FTP service u using? I'm looking for one too....

Yea, i understand that u got it for SGD209.

Juz making a joke out of the conversion rate by the importer/manufacturer in view of the ailling US economy:D

BTW, care to share which FTP service u using? I'm looking for one too....
ah sorry, forgot to install my humour plug-in...

i'm using godaddy.com

they're a domain registrar too, so can just buy domain from them, and get a webhosting plan. i paid $180 for 3 years of 100gb hosting (web & FTP), 1000gb bandwidth a month.

it's been almost 3 years already, and only outage once. so far so good...

Status
Not open for further replies.