What brand of tripod do you use?

What brand of tripod do you use?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
markccm said:
Ok. But the 329 head really feel a little too heavy 4 the 190pro.

The 055pro is taller in height & sturdier too, but heavier leh.

My height 1.77m, so a 190pro + 329 head + camera, the view finder above my line of sight liao.

Still thinking of the 055pro... :confused:
Cannot decide.... :dent:

Get the 055pro!! I love mine! Not that heavy really ;)

I am using the 055B with the 141RC head for normal usage. Stable enough to hold a Medium format. One of the best tripod in the market. Max height is 181cm (6 feet). Weight about 3.2kgs

I am also using another Manfrotto which is 161MK2 with a 229 head which is super heavy but super stable. The total weight for this tripod is nearly 10kgs! :eek: Use it only when shooting outdoor coomercial with an assistant of course! Use mainly for Medium and Large Format. Height can go as high as 267cm (9 feet) but seldom use until that high but suprising can go as low as 18 inches! :p

Never worry about heavy tripod if you want a super sharp photo. Good for long exposure during the night. I have use my 055 for some night shot. Had one time with an exposure about 1 hour long. Use to have a a very slow speed film by Kodak with a 25 ISO. I forgotten the film name but it's no longer in production. Super duper sharp!

MANFROTTO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

:bsmilie:

guess it is relative to your built and size....like running SOC (siong siong SOC! :sweat: ) during the army days, bigger size ppl like me don't really feel the additional weight of the SBO, Helmet and "Wife" as compared to our smaller size comrades..............

cheers...........

wanglk said:
Really? :bigeyes:
I feel my Slik 500DX already so heavy. :embrass:

Did not read through the entire post cost it's way too long. BTW, any good-fellows out there owns a Gitzo G2220 Explorer tripod? How's the performance & ease of use of this tripod(please do include if there's any bad points too). Your help is greatly appreciated.

juse wondering why is there a little asterik on manfrotto bar chart

ahbeng said:
juse wondering why is there a little asterik on manfrotto bar chart
because you vote manfrotto?

btw, does anyone use 055CLB? I understand that you can remove the center column from 055CLB?
Do you think the tripod is more stable without center column? How about weight?
How much lighter is it without the column?

wibawa said:
because you vote manfrotto?

btw, does anyone use 055CLB? I understand that you can remove the center column from 055CLB?
Do you think the tripod is more stable without center column? How about weight?
How much lighter is it without the column?

I thought the centre column is removed for low angle shots?

TME said:
I thought the centre column is removed for low angle shots?
well, actually I'm thinking to get 055, but the weight looks too much for me to carry for long period, while 190 seems too low when fully extended without the centre column.

My idea is to remove the centre column & permanently use the low angle adapter while at the same time make the tripod lighter. Is this a bad idea?

wibawa said:
well, actually I'm thinking to get 055, but the weight looks too much for me to carry for long period, while 190 seems too low when fully extended without the centre column.

My idea is to remove the centre column & permanently use the low angle adapter while at the same time make the tripod lighter. Is this a bad idea?

Yes it's ok. The design is such that u r able to take out the centre column for low angle permanently. You will lose about 24.5cm of height.

One of the main reason (I think) is that 055 is built more for height with the extended column. Because of the height, that is why the 055 is much heavier. The higher you go, the less stabilty it is. The weight for my 055B with 141RC head is about 3.2kgs. The centre column weight about 200 plus gm. SO IT"S JUST SLIGHTLY LIGHTER! :D

055 is good for high angle shoot with the centre column when fully extended at 181cm ( that is 6 feet ). So minus the centre column you will get about 156.5cm in height which is still good enough for most shooting conditions. Unless of course you are taller than the tripod!!!! :bsmilie:

There is 2 version of 055. There is the normal 055B and the 055 Pro version which has a spirit finder. Unless you are shooting buildings or architectural purposes for dead on accuracy.

There you go.........BUY! BUY! BUY!

Someone told me "Buy once, Buy Gitzo".

I took the plunge, never changes my tripod (>3 years). Why - no more money to buy other tripods. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Im using slik u9000! its a good tripod... QR, pan head and spirit level!quite light in weight too...!

but if i were to upgrade my tripod...i would go for Gitzo!

cheers

Manfrotto pro .... for my spotting scope
VelbonCamagne ... for various photography
except macro.... Benbo Trekker

Default equipment for most people, a Manfrotto 190 Pro B.
Though for my work, hardly use it at all. At the height of it's usefulness,
as a mugger ward-off when I'm travelling.

lightweight velbon tripod for me...

Using Silk U8000! Lightweight and sturdy. Good enough to fight off assailants! :bsmilie:

manfrotto is the best. good price and solid build.

Gitzo 1227 carbon fibre tripod, with Acratech Ultimate Ball head.

The Gitzo is the world's sexiest tripod. The CF weave looks VERY good and the stippled finish on the magnesium mount is really something else. Forget Manfrotto - it looks like plastic compared to this! You need to remember the right order how to undo the twist-lock legs but once I got used to it I can now deploy the legs very fast.

I did not know that the 1227 was going to be this long (65cm without head when folded). Despite its light weight it is too big to fit in my camera bag's tripod holder.

Also have a Gitzo Monotrek monopod with a Manfrotto monopod head.

Status
Not open for further replies.