What brand of AA and AAA batteries do you use at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogenkidesu

Feb 15, 2006
Singapore
Hi,

I had problems with leaking batteries (AA and AAA) before, and am now at a loss, which are the "reliable" brands on the markets that does not leak so ever often.

I am using AA and AAAs for TV/air-con/DVD/stereo's remote control, door bells, alarm clocks, even wireless keyboard & mouse.

I have seen commonly sold products like Eveready Super Heavy Duty (non-alkaline), Eveready Gold (Alkaline), Energizer Max (Alkaline), Energizer e2 (Super Alkaline), Energizer Lithium (Lithium), Panasonic Alkaline, Duracell Alkaline, GP Alkaline, Sony Heavy Duty, Sony Alkaline, etc etc... and lots of less know brands / house brands like Carrefour, Watson, etc.

Any one has good idea to share what batteries to use for remotes, clocks, wireless keyboard/mouse etc?

Appreciate your sharing and insights in these battery stuff.. :)

IKEA brand...10 for $2.50...cheap and good...

also my standby batteries for flash

Leaky batteries? Well, it doesn't really matter what is the brand then.

Just make sure you use the device often. If you are not using a device for long period of time, do remove the batteries.

Hi,

I had problems with leaking batteries (AA and AAA) before, and am now at a loss, which are the "reliable" brands on the markets that does not leak so ever often.

I am using AA and AAAs for TV/air-con/DVD/stereo's remote control, door bells, alarm clocks, even wireless keyboard & mouse.

I have seen commonly sold products like Eveready Super Heavy Duty (non-alkaline), Eveready Gold (Alkaline), Energizer Max (Alkaline), Energizer e2 (Super Alkaline), Energizer Lithium (Lithium), Panasonic Alkaline, Duracell Alkaline, GP Alkaline, Sony Heavy Duty, Sony Alkaline, etc etc... and lots of less know brands / house brands like Carrefour, Watson, etc.

Any one has good idea to share what batteries to use for remotes, clocks, wireless keyboard/mouse etc?

any Non-alkaline battery dont leak so easily than the rest. So use it for non-motorised items. analog Clock is strictly no alkaline battery so to prolong the clock life & pace.

I use Sanyo rechargables for all my AA/AAA needs around the house, remotes, mouse, clocks etc.

Where I need to go out for extended periods without access to chargers and need batteries to 100% hold charge, I use Energizer Lithiums and E2s.

So far so good.

Hi,

Can share with us whether there is any references to say that we can't use alkalines in clocks? That has often been said by clock shops, but I cna't really tell if it is fact or fiction or myth.

any Non-alkaline battery dont leak so easily than the rest. So use it for non-motorised items. analog Clock is strictly no alkaline battery so to prolong the clock life & pace.

Can share with us whether there is any references to say that we can't use alkalines in clocks? That has often been said by clock shops, but I cna't really tell if it is fact or fiction or myth.

relative who operates watch/clock shop also advised that....

Ya, my question too! Wonder why... :confused:

Now I use mainly Panasonic Evolta batteries for my high-drainage devices such as Walkman (yes, I still listen to cassettes) and my MD player.

For wall and alarm clocks, strictly heavy duty-type batteries.

But why? What is the explanation? :confused:

I was told by my watch and clock dealer that inside any wall or alarm clock, you will find an induction coil. The copper wire used on those coils are so thin that when using high current batteries, such as alkaline or lithium, may cause it to overheat and burn.

Last edited:
But why? What is the explanation? :confused:

Apparently the higher power tends to make the clocks go faster... :bsmilie:

I was told by my watch and clock dealer that inside any wall or alarm clock, you will find an induction coil. The copper wire used on those coils are so thin that when using high current batteries, such as alkaline or lithium, may cause it to overheat and burn.

photobum, thanks for the explanation.

I now have another question: "Do alkaline batteries pump out higher current than normal batteries?"

alkaline/enerzier batteries have higher current than non. Analog clock ticks every seconds and gives a surge in current everytime its ticks on any battery connected. So alkaline battery on an analog clock causes a high surge in current with no limit until it drains-off. If the clock seller said no alkaline : analog clock cct has limitation in current so alkaline not advisable and has effect on time and duration and life. Alkaline on digital clock will be ok to give brighter LCD/LED.

alkaline/enerzier batteries have higher current than non. Analog clock ticks every seconds and gives a surge in current everytime its ticks on any battery connected. So alkaline battery on an analog clock causes a high surge in current with no limit until it drains-off. If the clock seller said no alkaline : analog clock cct has limitation in current so alkaline not advisable and has effect on time and duration and life. Alkaline on digital clock will be ok to give brighter LCD/LED.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, jtb.

I just use used alkaline batteries on my clocks... Once the alkaline batteries cannot recycle my flash at an adequate rate, I'd plug them into my TV remote, clocks etc. Think that'd work?

Status
Not open for further replies.