What are the settings for a dinner and dance event?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RxXxX

Sep 10, 2006
Hi to all, i am using a D80 and with a 18-200mmVR lens. may i know what are the iso and WB settings and what is the image size all about? does smaller means poorer quality pictures or what? thx for the help.

Hi to all, i am using a D80 and with a 18-200mmVR lens. may i know what are the iso and WB settings and what is the image size all about? does smaller means poorer quality pictures or what? thx for the help.
Turn the dial to the green camera,on your flash and shoot.
Enjoy the dinner and dance.

haha then how bout the settings for flash? im using a SB-800 everything just bas on the 'green' button?

not sure of the condtions around the hall should be dark i guess. so any settings besides the auto?

you never use before your setup yet?:bigeyes:

use P with the flash on. set flash to BTTL

Practise.... try the different settings and how it gives you a different picture each time.

Use ISO of 200, 400 and also 800
Try aperture mode of f5.6 to f8 and see which gives you better DOF.

WB is subjective and in a DnD scene, it can vary from location to location and also depending on the lighting setup for the event itself. Try using RAW to give you a better control as I believe the WB will change from angle to angle and lighting change.

A smaller picture size will give you a lowered quality.

And the flash can be varied as well. I'd suggest you use TTL (concentrate on subjects first) and see if the flash ev needs to be tuned downwards (esp at closer ranges)

Status
Not open for further replies.