What are the nice ultra-zoom P&S cams with good high ISO performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
I read about Panasonic FZ5 and FZ30, I Like the MOIS, zoom lens quality, but
the ISO is too low for my liking. I like something that gives accept quality at
ISO 400 or better. :confused: FZ5 ISO200 is unacceptable to me.

dRebelXT said:
I read about Panasonic FZ5 and FZ30, I Like the MOIS, zoom lens quality, but
the ISO is too low for my liking. I like something that gives accept quality at
ISO 400 or better. :confused: FZ5 ISO200 is unacceptable to me.

imho there is only a few nice pns with high zoom lens quality, all of the lumix are disqualified if you are looking for good noise control. that left with canon s3 but i don think the lens quality is as good as lumix tho the noise control is better

what are u looking out for when determining lens quality?
u can also try Fuji Finepix s9500 altho the zoom is slightly less at 10.7x
however it has a wider angle. the range is 28-300

i dont think its necessarily true that jus because a camera lens has "leica" or "carl-zeiss" that it automatically makes it better than one that doesnt, particularly so in P&S cameras where the lenses are made to cover a lot of ground..

jdredd said:
i dont think its necessarily true that jus because a camera lens has "leica" or "carl-zeiss" that it automatically makes it better than one that doesnt, particularly so in P&S cameras where the lenses are made to cover a lot of ground..
yeah lor, but in my fz5, it does. it's much better than the pentax and olympus 2MP cams I owned.

er, thats not really an apples with apples comparison, your 2MPs would be much older tech than the FZ-5..

jdredd said:

not saying that leica lens = good and others are not. from most of the review, it is kind of proven that lumix fz series are able to provide one of the sharpest image compare to other mega zoom.

Status
Not open for further replies.