What 2nd hand camera should i get?

Do note that if you look at the Sony A200/300 series or the older Pentax and Olympus cameras you can stretch a 400 SGD budget quite a long way.

i checked the Buy and sell forum for pentax, all k-x selling at $500 and above! out of my budget already :(

thats why i also included LX3 and S90. Maybe i should just buy either one?

I suggest you save up the difference. I've seen it go for $450 (also try to see if seller is selling at best price).

A good camera like a Kx offers the features and performance that will last you for a long time. IMHO, pro-sumers like S90, LX3 or some cheaper option will just make do for a short span of time and their limitations (smaller sensor; lens options; less of DOF control; etc).

I am interested in photography and wanted to learn more.
Thus i want to get a 2nd hand camera with manual controls and good image quality before upgrading to more expensive and advanced cameras.
It can be compact or dslr, as long as it is within my budget.
My budget is $400.
Any recommendation?

He is selling the E-520 here

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831402

i suggest u go few shop ask some advice. If they advice are almost same then that is ur answer.

TS budget of $400 is pretty tight, not much choice on DSLR+kit. Perhaps TS can save up and increase to 500-550 range, will have slightly more choice.

Well that's weird, TS care to explain?

I am selling it away bcos i need extra cash in hand. And i have no time to invest thus willing to let go and get into this hobby again with a much larger budget for new DSLR.

pinholecam said:
I suggest you save up the difference. I've seen it go for $450 (also try to see if seller is selling at best price).

A good camera like a Kx offers the features and performance that will last you for a long time. IMHO, pro-sumers like S90, LX3 or some cheaper option will just make do for a short span of time and their limitations (smaller sensor; lens options; less of DOF control; etc).

Prosumer was fine, but the price of DSLR has come down to the point where you might as well get that.

I am interested in photography and wanted to learn more.
Thus i want to get a 2nd hand camera with manual controls and good image quality before upgrading to more expensive and advanced cameras.
It can be compact or dslr, as long as it is within my budget.
My budget is $400.
Any recommendation?

Seriously, I would suggust you save up a little more.;)

chillicutter said:
Seriously, I would suggust you save up a little more.;)

Nikon D40 or canon 350D or canon 300D? Should be able to fit into that budget.