Not open for further replies.
Adam Goi said:
Just learnt over the news that our Ex-President had just passed away ... :cry:

WAT....!!!!!

:eek:

he was one on my favourite president...

:cry:

In fact, he's my favourite.

He portrayed not as a fatherly but rather as a grandfatherly figure. I can still remember he's last NDP as the President ... the drive past ... it was really emotional man ...

I once shook his hand in camp, a man worthy of the utmost respect. My condolences to his family.

Yes.. I think he is one that have touch the hearts of many... especially ordinary men in the street like me. Will remember him as a people's president.

*Sob*
He is the best president so far Singapore has ever had... How come his passing was so low-profile one?... No news scrollers on tv at all too!

He has earned the respect of Singaporeans from all walks of life. The people's President always........ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My fav president too.

Condolences to his loved ones.

A sad day for many...
Indeed, he is my favourite President too. Always humble and willing to reach out to the mass, he'll be missed by many.

"To me in the eyes of God and in law, we are all equal. I could have been President of Singapore at one time but if you take away the word President from me I'm just Wee Kim Wee, just like a taxi driver or whoever, a journalist." quoted from CNA.com :cry:

My condolences to Mr. Wee's family.

Zapline

(ps: for those who wishes to pay tribute/ or post condolences to his family, you could do so at channelnewsasia.com.

A humble man indeed... even after his passing... :cry:

Quote from CNA:
"Mr Bill Wee said his father had expressed a wish not to have his remains interred at the Kranji War Cemetery.

Instead, he wished to be buried at the public cemetery in Mandai, where ordinary Singaporeans are buried." For full reading, click here

For those who wishes to pay their last respect for this man, you can do so from Tue to Thurs, at the Istana.

A sad day,
zapline

icarus said:
*Sob*
He is the best president so far Singapore has ever had... How come his passing was so low-profile one?... No news scrollers on tv at all too!

Knowing his character, I can bet that he would not have wished his passing to be high profile

My condolences .. he's by far my favourite President - totally no airs about him. Very fatherly, extremely humble and kind.

will the Singapore flag be lowered in remembrance of him? :dunno:

Let's observe a moment of silence for Mr Wee Kim Wee... My full respects for this wise man. :cry:

because he is protesting against price hike. anyway my condolence goes to his family. just wondering why all good men died early.

ahbeng said:
because he is protesting against price hike. anyway my condolence goes to his family. just wondering why all good men died early.

The news about MRT fare (and also SBS/TIBS) price hike yesterday sucks. The subway fare in Singapore is already one of the highest in the world (besides Japan and NYC).

Status
Not open for further replies.