Wedding Photographers ALL COME IN

Status
Not open for further replies.
binbeto :

I think that is not the worst for the couple.

Add this:

"Their wedding photographer has to help them air their dirty linen on a public forum like this!"

Cut them some slack. They probably have reasons to do watever they do.

Well said binbeto ... well said .... nothing more to add. :p

You never kena before... after the bride and groom march in, a lady runs into the ballroom screaming at the groom for not marrying her and saying that she is carrying his baby.... :sweat: :sweat:

LUCKY I ALSO NEVER KENA SOMETHING LIKE THAT BEORE!!! :sweat: :bsmilie:

but funny this thread was brought up, becos just the other day a friend of mine was talking about his friend's problem, where he had a gf but screwed around and got another girl pregnant and the pregnant girl approached the gf... so big drama there.

was thinking to myself, if i was the photog and this happened at a wedding, how sia??!! :sweat:

there's so much photojournalism can do, the rest, i'll just wish the groom good luck!

jOhO said:
You never kena before... after the bride and groom march in, a lady runs into the ballroom screaming at the groom for not marrying her and saying that she is carrying his baby.... :sweat: :sweat:

LUCKY I ALSO NEVER KENA SOMETHING LIKE THAT BEORE!!! :sweat: :bsmilie:

but funny this thread was brought up, becos just the other day a friend of mine was talking about his friend's problem, where he had a gf but screwed around and got another girl pregnant and the pregnant girl approached the gf... so big drama there.

was thinking to myself, if i was the photog and this happened at a wedding, how sia??!! :sweat:

there's so much photojournalism can do, the rest, i'll just wish the groom good luck!
since u're there and as a fotograffer, capture it all 'journalism style' lor..

Clown said:
since u're there and as a fotograffer, capture it all 'journalism style' lor..
yeah i suppose... but whether or not they would want the photos i dunno lar..

but then can u imagine, the woman storms in sceaming and crying, and i go up to her and shoot her at 17-35 mm... flashing away... i can't imagine that man.. :sweat:

maybe if i was using my 80-200 still not so bad.. but the flash is a dead giveaway... ;p

:devil:

cos they spent all their money on taking wedding photos, so have to let the car, candles, decor, etc go. :sweatsm:

just joking

have you ever come across a groom, who got so fed up with the jie mei's (sisters) teasing and pranks, he stormed out and refused to fetch the bride?? :bsmilie: true story, you know! :bsmilie:

So far so good. This thread will help to steady the photog's nerve. None have reported going AWOL after shooting only 1 roll.

jus hoping to find some solution to it if we ever ever get another such wedding couples...?

shd the photog prolly tok to the bride's mum? etc...

im sure it helps for those newbies or rather photogs who have not encounter it before...

well...
"Their wedding photographer has to help them air their dirty linen on a public forum like this!"

comeon ... its jus a case study?

or rather... my thread wasnt seriously enuff? tts me...

Stereobox said:
have you ever come across a groom, who got so fed up with the jie mei's (sisters) teasing and pranks, he stormed out and refused to fetch the bride?? :bsmilie: true story, you know! :bsmilie:

Woaah!... You actually did that? :thumbsup:

I hope more grooms follow your example to show they are not pushovers.

RuthBaby said:
no meh... once i shot a wedding.. erm.. the dad didnt wanna waste time let them play with the groom.. so he automatic opened the door.. in less than 1 min

I think maybe the dad wants to play with the groom himself? You never know this thing can happen leh.

Erm... so bad har?

I think I'd better warn my friend about doing proper planning for his wedding. His ROM was a serious nightmare. It was a pity my P&S was a little too slow and I can't afford a SLR that time to capture it, black faces and all, photo journalistic style. :D

The Probabilities of an unhappy auspicious day:
1) Bride and grooms parents are unwilling to let their children wed
2) The girl is sold to the guy's family- the idiotic and bimbotic thing which can even happen in a developed country like ours...shows us that stupid obselete traditions still continue!!!Obviously the girl doesn't know the guy and coz her folks are in huge debts, they just have to sell her away
3) Couples parents have been rivals for years, or worse, even generation
4) Shot gun wedding-very likely here/bride got miscarriage/botched "shot gun" to get married-kenna erruption when parents' find out
5) Messed up wedding plans
6) Parents cannot be bothered
7) Auspicious day actually is inauspicious
8) Bride's sister confesses her love for the groom the night b4 wedding
9) Jealousy over families that prob their daughter-in-law to be will be more successful coz she's a PhD holder, whilst son is only a O level grad, she is able to feed the family,whilst he's not-veri paiseh...
10) In some families whereby the bride is richer-the groom's parents wants her family to fork out the entire cost of their wedding-leads to unhappiness
11) Simply coz the bride spends money like crazy, unable to enter the kitchen or refuses to copulate even after 5 years

...And there is always a long lists of things so never undermine what humans can do!

Haha... My worst experience was with a bride who told me EARLY IN THE MORNING (like 6am) when she was doing her makeup: "Hey! I don't like to smile/pose in front of the camera. Don't shoot me!". ;(

OMG... was tt day her wedding day or wad!!.... Geezz... Crazy woman. :confused: And irony was tt her husband (groom) like outdoor shoot soooo much tt we planned to shoot at 2 different locations... N of cos, the bride wasn't smiling at all!!!... But in the end, we left the 1st location only aft 10 shots!! And tt was aft when the bride screamed at the groom: "I dun want to take alreadie lar!!". ;(

Hmmm.... was it a forced marriage.... :think:

Anyway...just to share my 'worst experience'.... :D

Not heard of an unusual wedding secnario, but prob some of you will hear of one in the future...
Groom's ex girlfriend or ex's friend comes in with gunpowder, dressed in black with scary make up and blows up the eternal bliss cake...
...Bride stabs groom at the alter and runs away after learning he intends to marry her for his goodwill...
...pretty intresting imaginations...if it was for real...I'll want to be there to release that shutter!!!BWHAHA!!!

arttl said:
Haha... My worst experience was with a bride who told me EARLY IN THE MORNING (like 6am) when she was doing her makeup: "Hey! I don't like to smile/pose in front of the camera. Don't shoot me!".

OMG... was tt day her wedding day or wad!!.... Geezz... Crazy woman. :confused: And irony was tt her husband (groom) like outdoor shoot soooo much tt we planned to shoot at 2 different locations... N of cos, the bride wasn't smiling at all!!!... But in the end, we left the 1st location only aft 10 shots!! And tt was aft when the bride screamed at the groom: "I dun want to take alreadie lar!!".

Hmmm.... was it a forced marriage.... :think:

Anyway...just to share my 'worst experience'.... :D
Well, there ARE people who don't like cameras. I'm sure all of you will meet 1 or 2 ppl in your life like this.

But WEDDING DAY? HATE THE CAMERA? Den wad the hell did they even hire a photographer in the first place to waste money? Might as well don't right? ;)

some pple jus wanna please their mum...

u see.. during such incident, u will not see the bride / groom.. u will only see the older generation saying... "LAI HIPSIONG AH"

ahahah

ok..what the heck...let's bring all the linen out! :bsmilie:

i've come across several ROMs, where the bride is "bought" from foreign countries like Vietnam and Indonesia. language barrier is one thing - it will be fortunate if the Vietnamese bride can speak a little bit of Mandarin, or the husband can speak a little Malay. but sometimes, the age gap is really too noticeable to be comfortable. i've met a Chinese bride who cried and told me she actually was in a serious relationship with someone back in China, but was forced by family to marry an older Singaporean. then there's one who simply refused to smile when she and her husband were together, but obliged when taking solo photos of her.

usually, these are hastily arranged marriages where the whole process of 'sourcing' for the bride to actual registration of marriage is less than .. a couple of months? :dunno: and the grooms are usually those who are marrying just for the sake of marrying, as for them, time is running out and age is catching up. thus, they don't really spend much effort in planning and spending on the wedding budget.

but to put ourselves in their shoes....the common story is the Singaporean husband has been slogging away at work for years, neglecting his own private life for the sake of family and earning a living. when it comes to marrying age, the common complaint is Singaporean females are too demanding (here we go again .. no flames please).

however, i hope the marriage will smooth itself out after some time. i've bumped into couples who now have a healthy bouncing baby (exotic Asian looks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.