Wedding photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre

Hi guyz....

my friend ask me to become their wedding photograper (2nd photograper). But because i never do for wedding photography, can u guyz share tips and how to take good wedding picture.

and also what equipement that need to use for this event ?
what film and ISO taht require ?

basically, everything about wedding photography.

Thanks,
Andre

Originally posted by andre
Hi guyz....

my friend ask me to become their wedding photograper (2nd photograper). But because i never do for wedding photography, can u guyz share tips and how to take good wedding picture.

and also what equipement that need to use for this event ?
what film and ISO taht require ?

basically, everything about wedding photography.

Thanks,
Andre

Pay me to do it. :D

Some tips:
1. Use ISO 400 or 800 film. NPH 400 is highly recommended. $6.50 per roll. Rate it at ISO 320. NPH gives smooth skintones and nice contrast suitable for wedding and portraiture. If you want to try ISO 800, use Press 800 rated at 640.

2. Let the official photog handle all the formals, keep an eye on what's happening and catch the candid moments.

3. Use bounced flash with a bounce card if situation allows. This will give you soft, natural lighting. Whenever possible, shoot available light. Having a fast lens helps.

A few good books:

1. Wedding Photography - Getting Perfect Results Every Time by Ian Gee.

2. Wedding Photography: Art, Business, and Style by Steve Sint

3. The Art of Wedding Photography: Professional Techniques with Style by Bambi Cantrell

4. Weddings by Annabel Williams (no, not Chong ;p )

Some of my stuff:

http://ckng.clubsnap.org/portfolio/wedding/calis_and_ernest/

http://ckng.clubsnap.org/portfolio/wedding/melvin_and_judith/

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Some tips:
1. Use ISO 400 or 800 film. NPH 400 is highly recommended. $6.50 per roll. Rate it at ISO 320. NPH gives smooth skintones and nice contrast suitable for wedding and portraiture. If you want to try ISO 800, use Press 800 rated at 640.

2. Let the official photog handle all the formals, keep an eye on what's happening and catch the candid moments.

3. Use bounced flash with a bounce card if situation allows. This will give you soft, natural lighting. Whenever possible, shoot available light. Having a fast lens helps.

A few good books:

3. The Art of Wedding Photography: Professional Techniques with Style by Bambi Cantrell

Some of my stuff:

Regards
CK

hahaha.....thx ckiang...but this one is no money, they just pay for the rolls of film that used.

thanks alot

Nice wedding photos collection! my fren asked me to be her 2nd photog too on her wedding day...but dunno whether to take or not cos only got my digicam...can add other advice for under-budget digicam users like me? hehe...this one got pay :D

*sorry, andre...borrow ur thread for a while...hope you dun mind ;)*

Originally posted by isomers007
Nice wedding photos collection! my fren asked me to be her 2nd photog too on her wedding day...but dunno whether to take or not cos only got my digicam...can add other advice for under-budget digicam users like me? hehe...this one got pay :D

no problem... pls post ur question so we can learn together..

oh yah one more question from me

What kind of lenses that usually used for wedding ??

thanks

Originally posted by isomers007

Thanks for your compliments! :)

Basically, it's about the same. Just that with a digicam, you have to take into account the shutter lag. So you will want to prefocus a lot while anticipating the action.

The rest of the stuff should be similar to film/DSLRs. Never really tried shooting weddings with a digicam though I have one. The performance is just not good enuff for me. But do give it a go. It can be quite fun to do.

Alternatively, you can take the pay, pay me, then I do it lor. ;p

Regards
CK

Originally posted by andre

no problem... pls post ur question so we can learn together..

oh yah one more question from me

What kind of lenses that usually used for wedding ??

thanks

Wide angles are good for group shots. If you can, use a wide angle prime as they tend to be sharper.

A mid-zoom is useful for the general shots of the event. Something like a 28-70 or 28-105 will do nicely. If you have a 28-70 f2.8, that will be very good. A 50mm will also do, if you don't mind a lot of walking around. If you are using a consumer zoom like I do (28-105 f3.5-4.5), stop down the lens a bit, e.g. f/5.6. Don't use it wide open as they tend to be a bit soft. Not good for group shots.

A short tele (~85mm to 135mm range) is good for doing closeups and some of the formal portraits. Also good for shooting closeups of the speaker on stage. An 80-200 f2.8 is nice, but heavy. So if you have a 105 macro or something, you can use that.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Some tips:

A few good books:

Some of my stuff:

Regards
CK

can u tell me where is the location for melvin and judith's wedding... thanks

spycyfish

Status
Not open for further replies.