Wedding in Monochrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperD

Long time no post liao... so.... here's from a recent wedding :)

Mono01.jpg

Mono02.jpg

Mono03.jpg

Mono04.jpg

Hi Ron,

Nice touch on the abstract portion of the wedding shots, but they don't seem to show much of the joy and happiness of a wedding that I'd expect to catch in the photos. Perhaps you can rearrange the shots to include some other moment shots to make the flow better?

I really like the keen eye you have for these shots. Must learn from you one day :)

Just my noOb's comments.

Good use of BW, love the vignetting effect too. :)

espn said:
Hi Ron,

Nice touch on the abstract portion of the wedding shots, but they don't seem to show much of the joy and happiness of a wedding that I'd expect to catch in the photos. Perhaps you can rearrange the shots to include some other moment shots to make the flow better?

I really like the keen eye you have for these shots. Must learn from you one day :)

Just my noOb's comments.

Heh heh, dun tease me man.. you are taking corporate photos leh..

Actually I do have those but then the couple's very shy about putting their photos up and so requested me to have those slightly off-camera/ OOF shots to be included.
Basically it's a very straightforward shoot and those happy moments are really in your face kind of shots as I was using the 17-35 all the way.

Thanks for your comments!

;)

Those r Really some very nice shots :thumbsup: . Its very different from what i normally see.

BTY, i'm not really into BnW, but to me, your pics just stands out ;)

geoyip said:
Those r Really some very nice shots :thumbsup: . Its very different from what i normally see.

BTY, i'm not really into BnW, but to me, your pics just stands out ;)

:) thanks! Something different - I'm trying to advocate an entire wedding album of B&W for my clients... so... still working on it

Hey Ron

are you shooting on DSLR? somehow feel that the grayscale tone can be improved on... feel that the range isn't exactly exploited... the whites are exactly white... and same for that on the other side of the spectrum... :dunno:

That said... it's a nice concept... kudos!

Yeah. Great work... good capture on the 3rd pic. Never easy but well planned for (i presume) =)

The vignetting's a nice touch.

I would try to clone away the bottom left of the 4th pic tho... kinda distracting.

imagine said:
Hey Ron

are you shooting on DSLR? somehow feel that the grayscale tone can be improved on... feel that the range isn't exactly exploited... the whites are exactly white... and same for that on the other side of the spectrum... :dunno:

That said... it's a nice concept... kudos!

Yeah.. done it on digital hence the black is only 90% (K) despite editing on a Mac.

anyay thanks for your suggestion. Perhaps you want to give me an example on how to exploit the spectrum a little more? Film's latitude is greater so that's why you can get broader B&W scale compare to digital.

Cheerz! :)

SniperD, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: wish I can shoot like You :)

iamasaint said:
Yeah. Great work... good capture on the 3rd pic. Never easy but well planned for (i presume) =)

The vignetting's a nice touch.

I would try to clone away the bottom left of the 4th pic tho... kinda distracting.

thanks Kelv.. heh heh.. no where compared to your works..

hmm.. agree on the distraction. will do. Cheerz!

I like the angles ... just take note of the burning and dodging .. its seems way too much for my taste. I think it should be seamless and sublimely lead the eye where u want it to lead and not as distracting as this yeah.

cheers mate

Status
Not open for further replies.