WE WON!!!!! Feng Tian Wei is our heroine!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know? You checked all the US forums?

Pretty well known fact that the top distance runner on the US track and field team is a Sudanese refugee. Actually imported Olympic athletes feature in many many countries teams. The Dutch Tornado sailing team helmsman Mitch Booth is actually Australian by birth. One of the guys on the US basketball team is actually born in UK. It's become quite common for Olympic athletes to adopt a country to play the system and has been going on since the 1980s.

Pretty well known fact that the top distance runner on the US track and field team is a Sudanese refugee. Actually imported Olympic athletes feature in many many countries teams. The Dutch Tornado sailing team helmsman Mitch Booth is actually Australian by birth. One of the guys on the US basketball team is actually born in UK. It's become quite common for Olympic athletes to adopt a country to play the system and has been going on since the 1980s.

We are questioning the evidence of "no one" talking bad about such moves. Not seeking evidence on the actuality of such imports.

CONGRATS team singapore !!!!!!
only regret is that have to read the game review... missed the game due to work...

now... it's time we aim for GOLD !!!!
we can conquer all odds.... let's bring the first GOLD back to Singapore!

earlier, korea was saying that they can beat us due to their style of play....
we showed them how composed we were....
let's show that we can go all the way!!!

ps: any idea if there is a repeat telecast?

i am sure there will be. catch highlights from news.

only regret is that have to read the game review... missed the game due to work...

Absolutely awesome!!!

.. times like these I'm glad we have a TV in the office (for business reasons, but it does come in useful.. :D)

Nail biting finish all the way to the end! GO SINGAPORE!!!!!

er,I think we never ever had anything to lose when it comes to the big O.

That's not what I meant lah. That's always the loss of morale and confidence for the next competition. Since we have already achieved what we want to achieve, the burden and stress will be off the player's shoulder.

Last edited:
Just hope there's no more stupid party-boopers or xenophobic idiots crying foul over 'import talents ' and blah blah.....not born here and that ( u know the rest)....

As long as one dons our national colours,we are ONE! Just look at the U.S,they also have many foreign talents from all over but do they have anything bad to say?
Let's pray hard for this Sunday! Come on team s'pore!

yes, IMO, i think this is a good reminder from goon as we congratulate OUR TEAM.

in case for those who wish to test the CS guidelines, here's a reminder from CS Terms and Conditions.

3. Off-Topic (OT) posts - Please direct all posts not related to Photography to the Kopitiam forum. OT posts will be deleted or moved without noticed if posted in any other forums.

* NOTE: Although Kopitiam is meant as a catch-all area for things not related to photography, posts/threads which are:
1. religious,
2. political,
3. racist;
in nature or can be construed as such will also be removed without notice when necessary.

How do you know? You checked all the US forums?
did u?? If I said no one,would u have known??
See, that's what i mean, wonder where we would be when some of our fore fathers ( from China n India) have come ashore and faced unwanted xenophobia?

maybe the bloody 'garment ' will give us a public hioliday;)

yep. there is a highlight on channel 5 at 10pm. :)

The repeat of this semi-finals is right this moment broadcast on Starhub channel 601.:)

yes, IMO, i think this is a good reminder from goon as we congratulate OUR TEAM.

in case for those who wish to test the CS guidelines, here's a reminder from CS Terms and Conditions.

Don't close this, most of us are happy about the win!!! :thumbsup:

Highlights for the game would be at 10pm on Channel 5. Starhub showing full set replay now.

This semi-finals has got to be one of the best table tennis games I've ever watched in my life.

Very fast paced game, but I think Feng Tianwei's style really takes the cake - calm, composed, and a good balance of conservative and aggressive moves., I recorded the entire game on my PC though.

Kudos to the Singapore team!!

Yes, worth watching the replay as it was one of the most hotly contested semi-finals. :thumbsup: Was watching it with bated breath with my 4-month old baby in my arms and I jumped for joy when we won the game point!

Feng Tian Wei really withstood the pressure very well and did Team Singapore proud! I think she deserves the 'SPORTSWOMAN OF THE YEAR' Award. She outshines her more famous team-mate Lee Jia Wei by a mile. Hope Teo Ser Luck who's present among the supporters will consider that :)

Now, what time will the Finals be on Sunday? Hope it doesn't clash with PM's rally speech! ;)

Last edited:
eh anyone know what happen during the last set of feng's game? suddenly 1 more official come out then the commentator talk so fast, i dont understand sia!

but overall, great match by singapore. koreans played well.. choppers.
and first time i see table tennis got red card sia, and 2 sumore!

eh anyone know what happen during the last set of feng's game? suddenly 1 more official come out then the commentator talk so fast, i dont understand sia!

but overall, great match by singapore. koreans played well.. choppers.
and first time i see table tennis got red card sia, and 2 sumore!

I think it's to remind the players that their returns must be within 13 shots or something...:)

Highlights for the game would be at 10pm on Channel 5. Starhub showing full set replay now.

This semi-finals has got to be one of the best table tennis games I've ever watched in my life.

Very fast paced game, but I think Feng Tianwei's style really takes the cake - calm, composed, and a good balance of conservative and aggressive moves., I recorded the entire game on my PC though.

Kudos to the Singapore team!!

Hey buddy, I send you DVD burn for me can? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.