WB Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkcheah76

Jan 20, 2004
Tampines, Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi guys I have a dilema:

Under lets say yellow lighting and I am wearing white. I can PS will I get back my white or so, with the whole environment reverting back to whiteish rather than yellowish. But is that fake, as in that is not what I see in real life. Or do you keep the yellow cast and say that the place is yellowish, that is what I see and that's how the picture will look. The white really looks yellowish? I duno. What do you people do? :sweat:

Ahhh this is a situation where your artistic side takes over the technical side ... let me tell you a scenario which happened to me ...

Birthday celebration cake-cutting time; tried to be artistic and shoot without flash.
To me, the resultant yellow glow of the candles reflected on the birthday girl's face was exactly like what I saw and I really liked the image.

To my wife "Eeeeeee so yellow, her dress look so weird" .... back to PC, adjust adjust in software (lucky shot in RAW format) and manage to make it "whiter" ... wife happy.

For me, I still printed out the original yellow-cast image as that was more "realistic".

Maybe for you and others, there could be some in-between setting? or PS in a whitebalanced person with a colored background?

Artistic tendency overrules technical arguments errr ... except where wife intervenes and overrules all ...

overriding by artistry... bery subjective. thou I agree with darren, I'll still prefer the original one, unless you personally deem the original does not looks nice like darren's wife?..

Darren said:
errr ... except where wife intervenes and overrules all ...

Wua hahahahaa.a.a.a.a.a........ kakaka.... :bsmilie: it's either u in control, or she takes it all... wuaha.a.a.a.a.

Yah lor... I always want to real scene to be represented. And I keep having people nickpicing that my WB is totally OFF. There is to me nothing as a technically correct photo. There are some people who comment that my shots are not tack sharp blah blah... when the shot is supposed to be soft and diffused? Get that all the time? They do not look further than sharp photos probably. Of course for jobs, we better check to see the taste of the customer. Else they say your work like crap! ;p

wkcheah76 said:
There are some people who comment that my shots are not tack sharp blah blah... when the shot is supposed to be soft and diffused?

Eh!? When do you ever see things soft and diffused? When you are not wearing your glasses? :confused:

wkcheah76 said:
There are some people who comment that my shots are not tack sharp blah blah... when the shot is supposed to be soft and diffused? Get that all the time? They do not look further than sharp photos probably.
Ahhh and I have another great story (involving the wife again .. who else) ...

There I was taking portraits of my two girls with the 85mm f/1.8 and trying for the blurred background type of shots with razor focus on the eyes ... wife sees the images and says "Why not in focus one ?" then she shows me the pics she took with the Contax T3 point&shoot and say "See, i take better pictures than you" (foreground to background all in focus) ... *sigh*

Darren said:
Ahhh and I have another great story (involving the wife again .. who else) ...

There I was taking portraits of my two girls with the 85mm f/1.8 and trying for the blurred background type of shots with razor focus on the eyes ... wife sees the images and says "Why not in focus one ?" then she shows me the pics she took with the Contax T3 point&shoot and say "See, i take better pictures than you" (foreground to background all in focus) ... *sigh*
man...that happens at least...most of the time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.