Wats the best way?

Whats the best option to resign...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
they will have to give in some but not all, it worked for me the same this way. I know it's a lot to do with older ppl mentaility on how business should be conducted, but they forget that it's time to pass the baton on to a new generation with new ways and ideas...

oh, it is family business. say so first mah! what i wrote usually do not apply in such circumstances. sorry!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
happen so i the heir of the company & the ppl who scolded me is my parents? :cry:

anyway, i find that my management system doesn't match my parent's way of thinking, so either i resign or they change... since nobody change... so i resign lor... same like most CEOs in big corporate, if the company's goals change & does not fit his way, den he will move on lor...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
at least u got brother there mah, u wanna walk also can... my bro long ago run liao... den they say if i dun talk over then they close... den dun wanna see their hardship go down the drain... so help out lor... i wanna expand, they wanna remain status quo... sianz...

its like few weeks ago, i met a customer... den he ask me my qualifications, den i told him degree... den he ask me, this earn alot ar? den i dumbfounded... told him its family business... den he say y not u go work for big companies instead... :sweat:

Thank goodness there's no pressure on me. There's other cousins who can learn the ropes :sweat: I'm like a blacksheep - everyone thinks like a business person, i myself operate more like an engineer :sticktong

dca, dun tell too much lah, okie ? it's just work. try to compromise with your parents.
i doubt they'll allow you to resign lor.. hehe. cheer up :)

Klose said:
Thank goodness there's no pressure on me. There's other cousins who can learn the ropes :sweat: I'm like a blacksheep - everyone thinks like a business person, i myself operate more like an engineer

same here, i feel like the 'blacksheep' also. currently only my bro is handling the biz and my dad is tryin' to pull me over to help him but i think im not up to it. i dont like the way they run the biz and i sure kick everyone's a** if i go over :stinktong

DCA, I don't know which line you are in but is it possible to implement the changes you want for your family business without your parents knowing it? Send them on a month long holiday and implement the changes during their absence. But maybe they have their reasons for staying stat quo.

Anyways, who signs the cheques to pay the company's bills? If you have an equal share, then push for it. Easier said than done, though.

Best of luck! I hope whatever happens, you will be happy.

Furry: What's the business?

Velvetine said:
DCA, I don't know which line you are in but is it possible to implement the changes you want for your family business without your parents knowing it? Send them on a month long holiday and implement the changes during their absence. But maybe they have their reasons for staying stat quo.

Anyways, who signs the cheques to pay the company's bills? If you have an equal share, then push for it. Easier said than done, though.

Best of luck! I hope whatever happens, you will be happy.

Furry: What's the business?

It's not advisable doing that, It would seem that he has to go behind thier back to do the changes. I know his business, which is more or so similar to mine which is manufacturing and I understand how he feels. He's stuck in between a rock and a hard place to make a decision. For details, I'll let DCA respond to that. cheers.

Pity those like me who got a 2 month notice period. Some companies even have 3 month notice period (for low-level executive staff).

I'm very lucky to have found a new employer who's willing to wait for me for 2 months. Else I've to folk out money to buy myself out.

Anthony

anthony.phua said:
Pity those like me who got a 2 month notice period. Some companies even have 3 month notice period (for low-level executive staff).

I'm very lucky to have found a new employer who's willing to wait for me for 2 months. Else I've to folk out money to buy myself out.

Anthony

sometimes if you are good, companies dun even mind paying up to 6 mths for the previous employer... 'provided' you are that good lah...:sweatsm: and your pay not that high... :sweat:

Sjourn said:
It's not advisable doing that, It would seem that he has to go behind thier back to do the changes. I know his business, which is more or so similar to mine which is manufacturing and I understand how he feels. He's stuck in between a rock and a hard place to make a decision. For details, I'll let DCA respond to that. cheers.

ya man... u knows best... kena sandwich by current economy and future economy den the past economy they living in... hmm maybe 30 years later, my son would be doing the same to me...:think:

Sorry OT ah... how come I see this thread post date is still 2005? is there something wrong with my pc setting or CS date?

Back to thread, maybe you can suggest to setup something small to try out your ideas and compete with your parents, either way both sides still get the business and not affect your parents business much and at the same time they can see how your ideas worked.

../azul123

Sorry OT ah... how come I see this thread post date is still 2005? is there something wrong with my pc setting or CS date?

Back to thread, maybe you can suggest to setup something small to try out your ideas and compete with your parents, either way both sides still get the business and not affect your parents business much and at the same time they can see how your ideas worked.

../azul123

someone go dig old thread... school holiday going to be over soon...

eh but your previous post showing an hour ago but date still 2005. I am using new notebook, so i thought maybe something wrong with my setting.

Today, sianz... leh down with flu. :(

../azul123

eh but your previous post showing an hour ago but date still 2005. I am using new notebook, so i thought maybe something wrong with my setting.

Today, sianz... leh down with flu. :(

../azul123

this was posted more than a year ago... then someone go do polling... must be some kids... :think:

RESIGN
TO FATE :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Just kidding bro. C'mon chilli up. You have to be persistent and determine to make your parents see the way you see. Its the asian way of thinking that work has got to be done through the traditional way. If this day you cant convince them, try again next time. Someday, you'll be able to convince them and this, in turn will give you a boost in confidence.

Just quote to them a few examples that are successful, e.g. a local bakery that changes its way of operational after the son (M.B.A in Business Management) take over. He immediately draws up a plan and direction which he intends to go into. Things he did, give a shop a complete makeover, send all worker for training, include new receipe and types of bread, etc, etc and all these, before he even started to make money. He believed in himself and he made his parents believed in him. Remember this, to the parents, we are always a kid in their eyes. Therefore, they are still protective over us and afraid of us falling.

Good luck in your job prospect!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.