Watermarks on my D70 lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

IzOneD

Jan 8, 2006
Hi got a problem guys,..

Some water splashed onto my D70 and left some water spots in my inner 35-70mm lenses..
put in the dry box but left marks in the inner lenses... clearly affecting my photos... the camera body is not affected though...

Qn: Is there any shop where I can send the lens for cleaning and how much will it cost and how long must I part with my lens???

Qn: Anybody can reccomend good cheap lenses that a D70 user must have to capture
a)potraits(wedding occasions)
b)telephotos (for shots at the Sungai Buluh...pict of birds etc)
c)macros (close ups- food-pictures)

the only Xtra thing I bought is a SB-800 Flash for my Nikon D70...

____Thanx____

cathay photo for repairs

50/1.8 or the not-so-cheap 85/1.8 for potraits

70-300 for telephotos

60/2.8 for marcos.

ur 35-70 is a very good lens and is adeuqate for most potraits. ur missing out a giant chunk on the wide end

IzOneD said:
Hi got a problem guys,..

Some water splashed onto my D70 and left some water spots in my inner 35-70mm lenses..
put in the dry box but left marks in the inner lenses... clearly affecting my photos... the camera body is not affected though...

Qn: Is there any shop where I can send the lens for cleaning and how much will it cost and how long must I part with my lens???

Qn: Anybody can reccomend good cheap lenses that a D70 user must have to capture

____Thanx____

Send to Nikon

a) 35/2, 50/1.8, 85/1.4 105/2DC, 135/2DC, 200/2VR

b) 70-200VR, 200/2, 300/2.8VR, 400/2.8, 500/4, 600/4, + 1.4TC, 1.7TC, 2TC

c) 105/2.8, 70-210, 200/4

IzOneD said:
Hi got a problem guys,..

____Thanx____

Is the lens still under warranty? If it is, maybe you can try going back to NSC and see if they can help. Else go to Prime Cameras next to Cathay Photo.

For recommendations, there isn't any one lens that is MUST have. Just use whatever you have and move front and back using your legs to capture the shot.

Nevertheless personally, I like to have a FE, wide zoom and mid-range to cover weddings. For birding, I believe anything 400mm and above with TCs are essential. For macros, a cheap alternative would be a reversed 50mm and the usual suspects would be the 60mm and 105mm.

Thanks for the replies...

however how much will the clean up for the lenses be? how long will it take..?

anyone eva had their lenses cleaned?

Status
Not open for further replies.