Wat U dont like about Lx5..

Thanks a lot for the explanation buddy :)
I initially thought they have implemented some different algorithms to handle stabilization :D
Well they are different but not in the way I thought :)

Hehehe... Actually, I just tried AUTO OIS and it works great too. Camera will choose the mode automatically depending on the situation ;)

Don't like Pana image processing. Low contrast area (like human face) suffered most looking rather fuzzy which I think its the noise reduction (although I set NR = -2).
Too much edge sharpening even when S = 0 and iR low.
Firmware to fix too much noise reduction on low contrast area & less edge sharpening.

How is LX3 compared to A33? Thought of selling my LX3 and get Sony A33. Asking for comments and advise, please dun flame me... :)

LX5 battery power does not last very long, I wish Panasonic can find a solution and upgrade the firmware in future to make the battery last longer.

This is a serious flaw and the pana battery is proprietary and expensive too. :thumbsd:

For the current users, how many shots can the LX5 take before it run out of juice?

I found that some of my photos got rather bad corner softness, especially when zoomed in. Anybody got experience this?:think:

I'm first time user of LX5. Can any current user help?

I can't find the way make exposure compensaton +/- EV. Is Exposure compensation is available in all modes?

Appreciate any help I can get.

Tks in advance.

I'm first time user of LX5. Can any current user help?

I can't find the way make exposure compensaton +/- EV. Is Exposure compensation is available in all modes?

Appreciate any help I can get.

Tks in advance.
There is a black dial by the top right corner (or LCD screen). Just press it once and it switches between EV and Aperture/Shutter.

Another thing I don't like about my LX5 which I hope is also rectified in a future firmware update like it was with the LX3. The LX3, like the LX5, also suffered from poor indoor AWB... especially under fluorescent light. I am pretty confident that Panasonic engineers will tweak the AWB algorithms on the LX5 and provide us a firmware upgrade in the near future... most probably before the end of 2010... or else in early 2011.

Is it that when the battery drain out when you're taking photos, the lens will still remain protuding out....
It doesn't retract back by itself.

Wow....Thanks to Sharkspin for the kind advice. Really really appreciate.

Spent so much time tryin to find it.. and the manual sucks lor.

on my old lumix camera, after taking a shot
the auto review will do a 3x zoom to help check for image blur due to camera shake
LX5 doesn't have this feature?

I find the 1 sec or 2 sec review rather useless since I still need to press playback button to zoom in the pictures and check for blur

does anyone find that the shutter lag is bit tad too long?

on my old lumix camera, after taking a shot
the auto review will do a 3x zoom to help check for image blur due to camera shake
LX5 doesn't have this feature?

I find the 1 sec or 2 sec review rather useless since I still need to press playback button to zoom in the pictures and check for blur

I rather miss this features when shooting macro.... :cry:

I actually miss the joystick... tough to fiddle with the dial + press!

Hi, noobie here...can i check what aspect should we set on the lens? I very new to this as all my previous PnS camera doesn't have this feature. Thanks

Hi, noobie here...can i check what aspect should we set on the lens? I very new to this as all my previous PnS camera doesn't have this feature. Thanks

this is just a general guideline only.

1:1 for marco, passport size photos.
16:9 for landscape shots.
3:2 for normal photos.
4:3 is a square dimension size like 1:1 so i assume can use for marco as well ? haven't figure out what is really for...

i like the lx5, previously used lx3 (did not like the colors, and i rarely shoot raw).
Went to s90, enjoyed it a lot. now got LX5 as gift, and prefer it to s90!