wat bus go sungei buloh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there last Monday morning. Got there at about 7am, in time for opening. Free admission until 8am or something.

U will need a lot a patience in these places, even a slight sound from you turning around will scare the birds away.

Took with me
70-210mm
400mm
2X extender
mono pod
a Pentax MG
Fujicolor 200 Superia. (would recommend 400 if you can, coz some areas are dimm)

Tried to snap with the 400mm, found it to be a hassle as I cannot really turnaround on a monopod and aim up. A few good shots were managed with the 70-210, in fact, I think this is sufficent for me at that moment. For that 1 roll, I took something like 3 hrs to complete.

Point where your ears tells you and then stare hard at that direction. You may be able to see the singer on the branch. Prayed hard that it is still there when you lifted your camera, point and focus. All green background do look alike in the viewfinder.

Will have to wait till next week to D&P the roll.

For more info on the park, try http://www.sbnp.org/

Hoped this helps.

Originally posted by Lensman
I was there last Monday morning. Got there at about 7am, in time for opening. Free admission until 8am or something.

U will need a lot a patience in these places, even a slight sound from you turning around will scare the birds away.

Took with me
70-210mm
400mm
2X extender
mono pod
a Pentax MG
Fujicolor 200 Superia. (would recommend 400 if you can, coz some areas are dimm)

Tried to snap with the 400mm, found it to be a hassle as I cannot really turnaround on a monopod and aim up. A few good shots were managed with the 70-210, in fact, I think this is sufficent for me at that moment. For that 1 roll, I took something like 3 hrs to complete.

Point where your ears tells you and then stare hard at that direction. You may be able to see the singer on the branch. Prayed hard that it is still there when you lifted your camera, point and focus. All green background do look alike in the viewfinder.

Will have to wait till next week to D&P the roll.

For more info on the park, try http://www.sbnp.org/

Hoped this helps.

Wow 70-210 is enough? The last time they went, they say that 400mm is not even enough to shoot.......

Wondering..... did you creep up to the birds......Leopard Crawl?

Like I said, the trick is to listen to where the birds are singing and move slowly (real slowly and quietly) towards that branch and aim. really takes a lot a patience (& mosquito bites as well).

On bringing the tua-pow lenses. Ok lar, can also, but unless you have a specific target in mind....still it is my own 2 frame's worth.

cheero

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Wow 70-210 is enough? The last time they went, they say that 400mm is not even enough to shoot.......

Wondering..... did you creep up to the birds......Leopard Crawl?

Originally posted by Lensman
Like I said, the trick is to listen to where the birds are singing and move slowly (real slowly and quietly) towards that branch and aim. really takes a lot a patience (& mosquito bites as well).

On bringing the tua-pow lenses. Ok lar, can also, but unless you have a specific target in mind....still it is my own 2 frame's worth.

cheero

OIC<,,.... will try that when I go there ....... if I go!

Seems that no one has answered his question so far ? Take TIBS 925 from Woodlands Regional Interchange on weekends.

Banana said:
Seems that no one has answered his question so far ? Take TIBS 925 from Woodlands Regional Interchange on weekends.

925 also stops at Kranji MRT which is nearer SBWR.
Sunday and Public holidays, it goes to entrance of SBWR.
Other days have to walk in from Kranji Dam. Then should take the Kranji Trail right to the SBWR carpark as there will be many interesting subjects.

http://www.sbwr.org.sg/visitorinfo/gettingthere/drivingdirections/

Status
Not open for further replies.