warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsplenden

Mar 25, 2004
holland ave
my cam the shutter only open half leh... all the pics turn out only half exposed... :(

how to go to the nikon care centre ah? i noe the address, but duno how to go there...

and the warranty got slip A, B and C. i got the dealer's record, distributor's record, and my customer's record. so when i go there, am i supposed to show them only the C copy, or all 3???

and must hav receipt? i duno where the hell i placed my receipt liao... how how how??? :( :( :confused:

You need a receipt to indicate proof of purchase and date of purchase in addition to a valid warranty card. Call Nikon Singapore for direction.. If you do not have the receipt, try to go back at the shop you purchased and hopefully you can at least get a copy of it with the serial number indicated in the receipt.. Good luck

ltma said:
You need a receipt to indicate proof of purchase and date of purchase in addition to a valid warranty card. Call Nikon Singapore for direction.. If you do not have the receipt, try to go back at the shop you purchased and hopefully you can at least get a copy of it with the serial number indicated in the receipt.. Good luck

and if the shop doesn't hav it?? cos i didn't get it recently...

any directions on how to go nikon care centre?

argh.... damn sian.... first lens got fungus now cam got prob.... i feel that my life is ****!!! :angry: :( to think i spend half my savings on the cam... it failed just like that!!! ;(

Try Nikon Singapore's website.. I believe there are instructions on how to get they by bus and which bus etc. You will need the receipt dude for proof of purchase and for date of purchase verification. Good luck! :)

Gymrat76 said:
Try Nikon Singapore's website.. I believe there are instructions on how to get they by bus and which bus etc. You will need the receipt dude for proof of purchase and for date of purchase verification. Good luck! :)

and the biggest prob now is i dun hav any receipt for proof of purchase/date of purchase verification. really feel angry with myself. my cam is F75. bought it 2nd hand and i duno if the person gave me the receipt onot... i hav totally no idea... i am such a fool!!

sigh... is there any place which will repair the cam for a low price? me student oni nia... no money to pay another few hundred dollars to repair the dumb shutter...

or if i sell the cam now, how much will it fetch?

bsplenden said:
and the biggest prob now is i dun hav any receipt for proof of purchase/date of purchase verification. really feel angry with myself. my cam is F75. bought it 2nd hand and i duno if the person gave me the receipt onot... i hav totally no idea... i am such a fool!!

sigh... is there any place which will repair the cam for a low price? me student oni nia... no money to pay another few hundred dollars to repair the dumb shutter...

or if i sell the cam now, how much will it fetch?

If the item is under warranty, then perhaps you can contact the seller and find out if he has the receipt, or from which shop he bought it from. Then you can always go to the shop and ask them to check their records and maybe issue you another receipt? :dunno:

If its out of warranty, then forget it.. Nikon doesn't require a receipt, or even the warranty card to repair it, but will charge you the standard repair rate.

Another shop you can bring your cam to for repairs is The Camera Workshop in Peninsular Plaza. Not sure how much it costs to replace a shutter though..

Gymrat76 said:
If the item is under warranty, then perhaps you can contact the seller and find out if he has the receipt, or from which shop he bought it from. Then you can always go to the shop and ask them to check their records and maybe issue you another receipt? :dunno:

If its out of warranty, then forget it.. Nikon doesn't require a receipt, or even the warranty card to repair it, but will charge you the standard repair rate.

Another shop you can bring your cam to for repairs is The Camera Workshop in Peninsular Plaza. Not sure how much it costs to replace a shutter though..

if the repair cost is not high, den i will skip the looking for the receipt part... but if ex... sigh... anyone repaired their shutter before? cost?

is it cheaper to repair at nikon or the camera workshop? maybe its time to bring my cam down to peninsula plaza to check out the price... and gauge roughly from there... bitter lesson learnt... :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.