Warranty Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Oct 27, 2004
Hi,

Anyone faced any issues with the online warranty registration?

Hi, I have problems with it before. Anyway you could always call emjay about the online warranty extension. They can fix it in a jiffy. :)

Make sure you key in the full serial number, which is 13 numbers. You can find it on the serial number card or on the sticker on the box.

I am assuming you trying to register the K-7 ?

Last edited:
Hi
Most had some issues previously now now that has been resolved.
You need to key in the full serial number found on the box, not the camera.
As for warranty, presently promotion is 18 mths warranty and option to extend 2 more years for $88. Be careful not to click the extension if you don't need it. And don't use Opera because I think there is some problems using it.
As for my case, I was accidently charged for the 2 year extension which I am not taking for now. I checked with Ronald and as long as I do not pay the $88, it reverts to me default 18 mths so I don't need to do anything else unless I want to go for the extension.

BTW, what do you all think? Should we pay the $88 and go for it ? (i.e. total of 3.5 years warranty). So far I have not owned any DSLR for more than 1.5 years...typically upgrading constantly. Next year the K8 may be here, so BBB virus will strike. But seriously, the K7 is an excellent camera. I may have reached that level in which any further improvements may be small and not motivated to upgrade further. What do you all think?

But kudos to Emjay for even giving the 18 mths warranty. Shows they have confidence in the camera. :)

Hi
Most had some issues previously now now that has been resolved.
You need to key in the full serial number found on the box, not the camera.
As for warranty, presently promotion is 18 mths warranty and option to extend 2 more years for $88. Be careful not to click the extension if you don't need it. And don't use Opera because I think there is some problems using it.
As for my case, I was accidently charged for the 2 year extension which I am not taking for now. I checked with Ronald and as long as I do not pay the $88, it reverts to me default 18 mths so I don't need to do anything else unless I want to go for the extension.

BTW, what do you all think? Should we pay the $88 and go for it ? (i.e. total of 3.5 years warranty). So far I have not owned any DSLR for more than 1.5 years...typically upgrading constantly. Next year the K8 may be here, so BBB virus will strike. But seriously, the K7 is an excellent camera. I may have reached that level in which any further improvements may be small and not motivated to upgrade further. What do you all think?

But kudos to Emjay for even giving the 18 mths warranty. Shows they have confidence in the camera. :)

Just knew that I have done wrong here, It's not an extension I'm mentioning but application :embrass:. Anyways i finished the online application 2 days ago for The lens I bought. got confused when the k-7 got through but the lens didn't, it was only fixed after I called the number attached in the website. anyways, assuming the correct 13 digit serial number has been encoded together with the necessary details and still didn't get through. I think it needs a little call from our good distro. In which it takes me six days to consider. :sweatsm:

The Idea of extension is good, for the hands of the person who have great control of the BBB virus. :D. I'm still thinking about it too. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.