Warning! Do not buy your tickets from ZUJI!

JacePhoto

Oct 1, 2007
New York City
www.flickr.com
I know many of you are planning your Holiday trips now. PLS reconsider who you book your flights with!

I am now facing a crisis for my trip to Tibet next thursday.

Flights have been cancelled and changed. Zuji Customer service cannot retrieve your details. Itinerary has to be changed with financial and time loss. when you call them, they put you on hold between 30 mins to 2 hours. No one can give us an answer!!!

The main airline (China Eastern) has been helpful but because everything has been booked by Zuji, they cannot do anything about it, even compensating us! They say, please contact Zuji. But Zuji cannot be contacted!

bro, I had better success getting a response from them thru their Facebook page the last time I had some issues with my booking. From there, I got an email trail with zuji. problem solved.

Last edited:
Good luck to you TS. I was never really convinced by Zuji, especially its prices. And now this, it's good that this is being shared with other bros. I've always tried to buy discounted fares from the carriers directly.

Flights have been cancelled and changed. Zuji Customer service cannot retrieve your details. Itinerary has to be changed with financial and time loss. when you call them, they put you on hold between 30 mins to 2 hours. No one can give us an answer!!!

The main airline (China Eastern) has been helpful but because everything has been booked by Zuji, they cannot do anything about it, even compensating us! They say, please contact Zuji. But Zuji cannot be contacted!

Did China Eastern make it clear that they (the airline itself) did not change or cancel the flight.
To what extent is your itinerary changed?
If Zuji cannot be contacted, then how did you discover that your flight is canceled?

Is this a fraud?
Have you made a complaint to the proper authority that controls Zuji's license to operate? So that the latter can decide whether to revoke Zuji's license to operate.

Are you the only one who experienced this or are there another few hundred people who booked with Zuji similarly affected?

Last edited:
I think it's more of a greed. The new staffs say that it's new management. Perhaps a sale of company or costs reduction off shore.!

Last week, it was Indian staffs. This week, it's all Philippines staff and they have no idea what's gg on.

Maybe they switched to a new call centre to cut costs?

It is potentially a huge amount of money if many travelers are involved.
If it is deliberate, then it is a commercial crime.
More likely a cash flow problem. Sometimes tour agency bosses roll your money collected upfront (very early before departure date), and misuse the money in their own various other ventures (e.g. short term gambling on shares). If those ventures don't do well, then there is a serious cash flow problem.
See my previous thread on tour agency collecting your money much earlier and refusing to give ticket/hotel documentation until literally 30 minutes before check in at Changi Airport.
A remote possibility is PRC has tightened on visits to Tibet, because they had an incident at TianAnMen recently.
You know how sensitive Tibet is to PRC. That is why I asked you to check with the airline whether the change was due to the airline itself or PRC authorities.

Last edited:
All the best then. Time flies, very fast Thursday liao. If cannot solve, faster find another one if possible.

I read elsewhere about a case where Zuji did not issue a ticket even after payment and confirmation.

Zuji is really going down the toilet really fast. I used them once with no problems in the past, but I doubt I will use them ever again after all these reports.

Can u check if such a scenario is covered by your travel insurance(if you had already bought)?

I know many of you are planning your Holiday trips now. PLS reconsider who you book your flights with!

I am now facing a crisis for my trip to Tibet next thursday.

Buying from 3rd parties carries a risk of cancellation and non compensation. The original service provider can push the buck to the 3rd party.

Hotel booking through 3rd party also carries the same risk..... after u pay and even printed the confirmation voucher and receipt of payment, when u finally arrive at the hotel, the desk says they didn't receive your room booking. LL......

Looks like it is best to book direct with the airline + the hotel for a fail safe tour.

It is only too easy for the consumer to click on the airline/hotel URL instead of the travel-middleman's booking website.

Last edited:
I booked my hotel thru Zuji, if not urgent email seem ok.