Wanted: Private Instructor

Status
Not open for further replies.
soma said:
The worst thing is you can't horn and curse loudly........#$@!%&*

Most girls would pass even if kena the worst routes...

when you can't horn... act Horny!
when you can't curse... Cause Accident! :thumbsup:

A tip....

Wear low cut top, short skirt.
Once the fella is done leering, he'll pass u.

And of cos, dun be so idiotic to get into an accident on ur test date! Paper can cover smoke, but paper can't cover fire. After all, its only u and ur tester in the car. Whether he wants to pass or fail u depends on the tester's integrity and honesty.

lil_princess said:
i will know where is the test routes one meh?
i think only kiasu people will do that... no offence though~

Its actually good advice to go thro the test routes.... if you get a instructor from the test center, they always let you practice the usual routes they use for test. This allows you to familiarise with the road condition, turnings and also the traffic conditions at different times of day. I don't think its kiasu, coz if you fail, you gotta retest again. :)

Not sure if private instructors do that.

Else try the Jsbn trick! Might backfire though... if they wanna fail you so that they can test you again!!! :bigeyes:

jsbn said:
A tip....

And of cos, dun be so idiotic to get into an accident on ur test date! Paper can cover smoke, but paper can't cover fire. After all, its only u and ur tester in the car. Whether he wants to pass or fail u depends on the tester's integrity and honesty.

makes me wonder whats the purpose of taking the test... learn to drive or learn to pass... :think:

L'll Princess - please don't learn to drive like the majority of folks on this small island. What is the name of the school that teaches random lane changing, non use of blinkers, the use of the accelerator like a stair-master (think u have to go to special taxi school to perfect that one) and my absolute fav... The one that allows you to do anything at all as long as you have your hazard lights on..(U-turn across 4 lanes of traffic, reverse onto express way....)???

Don't get the wrong idea, I love this small island and I'm happy to call it home but the driving here is a constant source of amusement. My 3 year old yells from the car seat "plonker!!" whenever I have to take defensive action on the road. And what is it with people driving around with children not strapped in?? I know the law here does not prescribe seatbelts or child restraints for children of a certain age but fellow club snappers - take it from someone who has seen the result of a toddler through a windscreen (I used to do car rescue in Australia), it's something you never want to see and it can happen in a very minor acciden and it can be avoided by using a seatbelt.

Enough lecturing...
Hope you find a quality instructor.

Stratts

My advice,
save yourself the agony and take it from a driving school. Costlier, less convenient, but maximises (not guarantee) your chances of passing. How? You get a lot of time on the circuit. Also, driving tests start from these centres, and the routes are fixed, so you get to 'preview' the different routes. You can even mug them up from the maps on the walls. For me, 1st time pass after 18 hours of instruction (2.5 months total from first drive to test date) at SSDC in AMK:). Was the envy of all my friends. Eventually saved a lot of dough compared to those who went private and kept re-taking.

As for drivers who don't belt up their kids, I think it is criminal and I wonder why the authorities are more interested in chasing white elephants than clamping down on these irresponsible parents/drivers.

dkw said:
As for drivers who don't belt up their kids, I think it is criminal and I wonder why the authorities are more interested in chasing white elephants than clamping down on these irresponsible parents/drivers.

:thumbsup: Smooth link..:sweatsm:

Stratts said:
L'll Princess - please don't learn to drive like the majority of folks on this small island. What is the name of the school that teaches random lane changing, non use of blinkers, the use of the accelerator like a stair-master (think u have to go to special taxi school to perfect that one) and my absolute fav... The one that allows you to do anything at all as long as you have your hazard lights on..(U-turn across 4 lanes of traffic, reverse onto express way....)???

Don't get the wrong idea, I love this small island and I'm happy to call it home but the driving here is a constant source of amusement. My 3 year old yells from the car seat "plonker!!" whenever I have to take defensive action on the road. And what is it with people driving around with children not strapped in?? I know the law here does not prescribe seatbelts or child restraints for children of a certain age but fellow club snappers - take it from someone who has seen the result of a toddler through a windscreen (I used to do car rescue in Australia), it's something you never want to see and it can happen in a very minor acciden and it can be avoided by using a seatbelt.

Enough lecturing...
Hope you find a quality instructor.

Stratts

How did you pass your basic theory when you convert your Australian License to Singapore Licenses? It is a LAW for kids below age of 8 to be secured by and approved child restraint and age above that will be required to be IN seat belt. failing to do so, 3 demerit point and a fine of $120

Like every place on earth, there are people who disobey the law, but it does not mean there is no such law.

blurblock said:
How did you pass your basic theory when you convert your Australian License to Singapore Licenses? It is a LAW for kids below age of 8 to be secured by and approved child restraint and age above that will be required to be IN seat belt. failing to do so, 3 demerit point and a fine of $120

Like every place on earth, there are people who disobey the law, but it does not mean there is no such law.
Well, u noe I noe lah some things. ;)

Everything here is, "Do what you want, don't get caught."

Anyone being labelled as a 'criminal' are those stupid enuff to get caught.
Those who don't.... well... 'the good guys'? :)

u don need an instuctor ...
u need a cab

jsbn said:
Well, u noe I noe lah some things. ;)

Everything here is, "Do what you want, don't get caught."

Anyone being labelled as a 'criminal' are those stupid enuff to get caught.
Those who don't.... well... 'the good guys'? :)

No lah, not a matter of getting caught or not. The point is that any unrestrained passenger is a danger to himself and other passengers, even in low velocity accident. Even worse, I've seen so many adults place their kids on their laps in the car. The kid will become the 'airbag' for the adult at anything faster than a 40km/h collision!

Sorry, really gone OT.:embrass:

Okay, lil princess, good luck with your driving lessons. When you start driving, put the kids in the proper restraints, okay?:)

jsbn said:
A tip....

Or he may fail you just to see your low cut top and short skirt again:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

There's a driving center branch just outside kovan mrt, for your info. :)

Blurblock I passed the theory test by studing the book - good thing I didn't get a question on sealt belts or I may have failed!! I stand corrected.

I guess I just assumed (and we know the consequences of that....) that no law was in place, given it doesn't seem to be enforced or people are happy to fork out $120 evey now and then..

Cheers
Stratts

jsbn said:
There's one killer test route all Ubi-tested ppl will know....

EUNOS ROAD WITH BIG LUMBERING LORRIES.
Cutting frm a super busy left lane all the way to right-lane doing a U-Turn and back to face all the horror.

Does it sound familiar to u guys?
I took that test route! but probably heng not so many lorries on the day of my test.

espn: I also pass first time! High five to both of us! :embrass:;p

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i dun think she need a cab... she need a bf who drives... :think:

I have a lady friend who met her BF while he was a driving instructor giving lessons to her. And now they are engaged. So now, she is engaged to a driving instructor and has a car to use. An all in one package.

Moral of the story is............ well, take what you want from it.;p

Status
Not open for further replies.