Wanted: Fandi’s footballing sons.

got chance, go. Don't wait. Whats best for the kids is not usually found at home. They need experience and its something they can get oversea. Those who cry foul or disloyal to the country are usually those ppl who are sour grapes. They don't have such talented kids.

But they can wait to lapse it out, right? But I think it's a very long period of time. Like how Tim Cahill used to play for Samoa as a kid and could not play for any other country for a while after that.
playing youth international and then changing to play for another country is one thing... many have done that, like Cahill, Giggs,
Kevin-Prince Boateng, etc. but changing to play for another country after representing one country at full, "A" international level is I believe not allowed, unless that player is striped off his/her citizenship by the relevant govt authority (don't know if this has actually happened before)... refer to the FIFA Statutes, section 18 of the "Regulations Governing the Application of the Statutes"...
Ultimately, the local league is just crap isn't it when potential good players need to go abroad for development.
got chance, go. Don't wait. Whats best for the kids is not usually found at home. They need experience and its something they can get oversea. Those who cry foul or disloyal to the country are usually those ppl who are sour grapes. They don't have such talented kids.
don't think there is a question here of whether they should play in S-league or in a European league, but of whether they should play for Singapore internationally or for some other country at that level... they can certainly get experience playing in European leagues, but which country should they play for internationally... of course, ultimately, this is a decision for them to make and not anyone else :)

on the funny side of the pitch, I would rather play football in me prime than serve NS + 10year cycle :bsmilie:

Well, I would say to Fandi, go ahead with the boys, play in EU, its a great place to develope talents for the young lads. Who knows, they might be big stars in the future.

Fandi is still Singapore's football hero :thumbsup: Malaysia cup :thumbsup:

only his sons can surpass him and bring more glory to singapore. playing in EU is the only way.

Whatever the decision we shld respect Fandi's decision. Even if his sons play for south africa, singapore will still be proud of them. After all i am sure it is every player's dream to play on the biggest soccer stage in the world.

His sons can be a S. African and the come back as FT :bsmilie:
win-win situation :thumbsup: