Wanna go film,need pointers!Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EOS 5 is an excellent body and should serve you well for many many years (too bad mine kinda died after ALOT of use - was formerly used by a photojournalist).

Get used to the controls so you can concentrate on shooting rather than fumbling around with the settings. Remember to turn off the date function when shooting, lest you want those date stamps cluttering the corner of your shots.
I feel sorry for you since your EOS5 died. Yes, the eye-controlled focusing is marvelous!
Yes, I turned the time stamp off, thx!

sloth,thank you very much for such a detailed tips and suggestions.I have read it through and it is very helpful.
Guess what, regarding the lense, I made the same choice as yours, I got the 28-105 f/3.5-4.5, Although I haven't yet seen the picture outcome, but it is great as I have tried, it is fast and it is sharp.
For the film, I bought the fujifilm superia X-tra, i just grabed from the shop, don't know how it is.
Yes, I won't discard my S3IS, it is a descent camera given the condition that there is plenty of light. I bought the SLR to complement it for low light situation handling and portrait photography.
Regarding film developing, I find it quite a headache, I am not to set up a darkroom of my own as I am still a student and I stay in NTU hostel, so I don't know, maybe I will just go to the shops to get it done.

Then you should get it done soon and be amazed. Haha.

sloth,thank you very much for such a detailed tips and suggestions.I have read it through and it is very helpful.
Guess what, regarding the lense, I made the same choice as yours, I got the 28-105 f/3.5-4.5, Although I haven't yet seen the picture outcome, but it is great as I have tried, it is fast and it is sharp.
For the film, I bought the fujifilm superia X-tra, i just grabed from the shop, don't know how it is.
Yes, I won't discard my S3IS, it is a descent camera given the condition that there is plenty of light. I bought the SLR to complement it for low light situation handling and portrait photography.
Regarding film developing, I find it quite a headache, I am not to set up a darkroom of my own as I am still a student and I stay in NTU hostel, so I don't know, maybe I will just go to the shops to get it done.

Does NTUPVS have a darkroom? NUSPS had one, I wonder if it's still functional.

i think he is refering to the darkroom master.. the person I/C of the darkroom...
All hail the Dark Lord!!!^^

Status
Not open for further replies.