Waiver Criteria for Credit Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have very bad experience with Citibank. In the past, I was having financial difficulties and was struggling to pay all the banks.... Citibank kept calling me macham like loan shark like that: "Hello, mister, can you pay $xxx by tomorrow??? Otherwise we will sue you. "

I so TL but I don't have the money to pay them all. When I finally could, I paid $7k one shot and cut up the card into small 1cmx1cm squares and sent it back to them. :bsmilie:

Nowadays when approached by Citibank staff at roadshows, I just glare at them and walk off.

there is a free till notify card that i am using from uob. it's the tung lok card. every year, never ask sub fee wan... use more than 5 years already...:thumbsup:

vince123123 said:
Hmm anyone had experience with Citibank on not spending anything and yet got a waiver?

I know Maybank has a set limit to achieve before they consider waivers.

I had a citibank card. cancel it after 1 yr b'coz didn't use at all.

few mth later, they sent me a letter.. say.. I'm a value customer. blur blur...
re-issue a new card to me.. waiver 1 yrs. Automatic.
No need to summit any thing.

simon80 said:
the 'good' thing about UOB is .. they charge your annual fee into the card !!
i don have the right to say anithing ..

Then just sent back the credit card in half together with the bill.

Or

If u want to had this card.
Call them and ask for waive. If they refuse, cancel.

Nowsaday, so many credit card... Free 1 yr, free 3 yrs, free 5 yrs one..
me scare you meh.. :sticktong

Most credit card companies now have a condition stating that you won't get the free 1 year waiver if you have terminated one of their cards within the last 6 months.

numzkull said:
well.... whenever any card company refuse to waive, i tell them i will terminate, re-apply and still get 1 year waiver. then i ask if the hassle is really necessary for them and me.

so far, that works.

simon80 said:
the 'good' thing about UOB is .. they charge your annual fee into the card !!
i don have the right to say anithing ..

yeah.. i also surprised that the first bill came with the annual fee charge... think its bcoz of the i-pod promotion.. $268 nano FOC upon payment of first year annual fee. There's a catch.

BTw UOB offers a lifetime waiver annual fees for the 1st sub card .Quite cool :think:

GanS_n_PoserS said:
yeah.. i also surprised that my first bill came with the annual fee charge... think its bcoz of the i-pod promotion.. $268 nano FOC upon payment of first year annual fee. There's a catch.

BTw UOB offers a lifetime waiver annual fees for the sub card i applied for my sister. Quite cool :think:
Yes, the annual fee was charged because of the free Ipod Nano.
Also agree that UOB waives off the subscription fee for good for the supplemetary cards.

reachme2003 said:
what is 'good' about that?

wow .. u are so 'smart'
get the drift?

tell you guys already, there is a forever free card. the uob tung lok is forever free until further notice. never ever had to pay my sub free for the last 5 years, actually, don't think there is even a sub free for this card.

Perry said:
tell you guys already, there is a forever free card. the uob tung lok is forever free until further notice. never ever had to pay my sub free for the last 5 years, actually, don't think there is even a sub free for this card.
Checked out UOB's card website, there is no such card listed.

GanS_n_PoserS said:
yeah.. i also surprised that the first bill came with the annual fee charge... think its bcoz of the i-pod promotion.. $268 nano FOC upon payment of first year annual fee. There's a catch.

BTw UOB offers a lifetime waiver annual fees for the 1st sub card .Quite cool :think:
Hmm... Citibank also has a free forever supp card. Got my Citibank supp card frm my Dad after my previous UOB supp expired.

Its so much convienent with a card when travelling, as spare emergency cash. :)

Waiver criteria? You'll gonna get different answers from different pple!

I had very good experiences with Citibank services, but I think there will be changes (for the worse :() with their call centre and QFB changes...

rncw said:
have not sign anything by citibank card, but when i called them to waive the fees, they set the condition to sign at least 2-3 times to the card, in order to get full waiver. amount not important. works for the dbs, oub, amex cards ..but not standchart..so i cancelled the card. ;)

I called up to cancel my Citibank card and was asked to charge 6 times for fee waiver.
I said I am not using it and no point keepping it, then she offer me to charge
3 times but I still insist to cancel it.
She ask me to hold on, and finally she said no need to charge and I can keep
the card free for another year..;)

of all the cards i had, I still prefer the last OUB card:thumbsup: , good service all the time, my very 1st credit cards from them 13~15 years ago, 55 days repayment period ...... now where to find.:(

Now all of them either bad t/c or bad service like citi bank:thumbsd: , when tried to call them which took donkeys years to answer my call, can't stand them phone banking answering machine.

anthony.phua said:
Citibank has recently moved their call centre to JB. I heard it's 5 times less expensive to operate out of JB than in Singapore.

And you can tell the difference when you call the operator. The line quality is horridly bad. It's unlike this if the call is within Singapore itself. There were breakups etc. This is using a land phone to call, not mobile phone.

When I spoke to a supervisor about this, I complained to him. He didn't deny nor admit that the call centre was in JB but he said he will take this feedback to a higher level.
i just called last week with my mobile. line quality very good and confirmed to be a local operator. You called with a cordless phone with low quality connection is it? :bsmilie:

anyway.. does it matter where the call centre is located? all it concerns me is that someone picks up my call and handles my case properly.

yanyewkay said:
i just called last week with my mobile. line quality very good and confirmed to be a local operator. You called with a cordless phone with low quality connection is it? :bsmilie:

anyway.. does it matter where the call centre is located? all it concerns me is that someone picks up my call and handles my case properly.

My thoughts exactly.. Citibank is ok, always get answered within 5 minutes.. for UOB always have to wait damned long for someone to pick up the phone. Always put on the handsfree is I need to call UOB :confused:

Gymrat76 said:
I got the upgrade to Platinum also for the Dividen card, don't see what the problem is leh... :dunno:

The benefits are more (higher rebates) and the annual fees remain the same as the regular card, not that I've ever paid annual fees anyway... As for bill payments, I find Citibank the easiest to pay, do everything via internet-banking.

my friend had to manually inform some vendors about the card change.. as the regular monthly payments were tagged to the original dividend card eg phone bills. the card number has to be changed with the upgrade. so she had to call the vendors, request for forms, fill in forms, fax back forms... additional admin work mah

igpenguin said:
my friend had to manually inform some vendors about the card change.. as the regular monthly payments were tagged to the original dividend card eg phone bills. the card number has to be changed with the upgrade. so she had to call the vendors, request for forms, fill in forms, fax back forms... additional admin work mah

Ah, so des ne... that would be an inconvenience, I agree. Citibank probably thought they were doing her a favour by upgrading her, probably didn't take all that into account :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.