Volunteer Photographers for Children's Cancer Foundation

garutoyang

Oct 1, 2009
Hmm, I do not know if this is the correct section to post this. Moderators, do direct my post if necessary.

http://www.ccf.org.sg/

I have been asked by Children's Cancer Foundation (CCF) to look for volunteer photographers for their projects and events.
As different from my previous post, where videographers are paid. This time round, volunteer photographers are not paid.

They have a quarterly e-newsletter which publishes every 3 months. They will credit accordingly and do check with CCF whenever you want to use the selected photos for your portfoilo.

I will shortlist a list of photographers and CCF will contact you if you are free to cover the event/project. I will screen through your portfolio/website before adding to the list.

Requirements: at least 1 year of experience in photography in either(events/weddings/commercial)
Sensitivity- some of the children have low esteem, do not shoot directly at them. As explained by Mr Christopher Daguimol, there is a guideline for photographers. Do find out more when you meet him.

Email me thekiasutimes@yahoo.com.sg your website/portfolio and contact details.
By 28th of March.

Any enquries do call me > Hp: 8418 3542 (Garuto Yang)

The contact person for CCF is
Mr Christopher Daguimol, Senior Community Partnerships Officer.

Address of CCF is
298 Tiong Bahru Road
#03-05 Central Plaza

*I do not gain any commision or benefits from CCF*
PS. To those photographers who have emailed me before, you can still drop me a note if you are interested. And I will add you into the list.

Thank you for all the incoming e-mails. I really do go through all your portfolios despite my extreme busy schedule.

While I am getting involved with more charity and non-charity organisations, the need for photography and videography is always demanded. With your contacts, I will call/email out any prospective projects(paid) to selected photographers and videographers. :)

so all the photographers involved will get a token of appreciation like Letter of Appreciation?

anyway...good luck.

didn't TS state Volunteer in the thread title, and also in the initial post?

and so volunteers can't get letter of appreciation? i thot these letters are for such purposes?

and so volunteers can't get letter of appreciation? i thot these letters are for such purposes?
my post is direct to the question of asking in the way seem expecting more than a letter of appreciation in return.

so all the photographers involved will get a token of appreciation like Letter of Appreciation?

anyway...good luck.

oh shacks... i dun have 1 year exp though i am keen to offer my help. :(

You can apply, no harm but strange that TS wants to see portfolio.

Kinda strange also to see a CCF request here since most of the time they'll say no further circulation after their emails.

You can apply, no harm but strange that TS wants to see portfolio.

Kinda strange also to see a CCF request here since most of the time they'll say no further circulation after their emails.
better see portfolio first, cos some people very daring, just started photography not long than dare dare go around offer to shoot, wedding rom birthday party dnd tfcd all are welcome.
can really shoot better with their month than the camera, by the time customers knew kena will be too late liao.

better see portfolio first, cos some people very daring, just started photography not long than dare dare go around offer to shoot, wedding rom birthday party dnd tfcd all are welcome.
can really shoot better with their month than the camera, by the time customers knew kena will be too late liao.

ya.. understand 'that' portion, but this is a 'volunteering' job.

come to think about it, isn't beng chye and the rest still in CCF as photographers?

but i think its better to get people with passion than people with skill for this... and do note, this isn't a normal 'job', you're to adhere to plenty of rules and regulations.

my post is direct to the question of asking in the way seem expecting more than a letter of appreciation in return.

well, maybe my english isn't really that gd but i dnt really see what you have assumed on reportage's statement :)

anyway...good luck.

well, maybe my english isn't really that gd but i dnt really see what you have assumed on reportage's statement :)

i think he is replying to that sarcasm... it takes an expert to decipher.

ya.. understand 'that' portion, but this is a 'volunteering' job.

come to think about it, isn't beng chye and the rest still in CCF as photographers?

but i think its better to get people with passion than people with skill for this... and do note, this isn't a normal 'job', you're to adhere to plenty of rules and regulations.
to me, "can do" should come before "want to do".

find "want to do" from "can do" is the right way

no point looking for "can do" from "don't want to do"

rather looking for "want to do" from "don't know how to do"

anyway, i'm sure there are lots of capable members with kind heart, willing to offer their time and skills for a better cause.

sorry for all the OT. I shell end here.

Very hot discussion in this thread. I know there are already a few volunteer photographers for CCF in this forum. I would like to clarify, Mr Christopher from CCF knows that I am looking for volunteer photographers and (paid) videographers here. He requestd my help while I was doing a feature for CCF and I informed him I will gather from ClubSnap, with his acknowledgement.

Why I need to see portfolios? Is to differentiate new and experienced photographers.

I am questioned of my intention? Perhaps the only intention i can think of, is to let more people know there are alot of charity organisations out there needing our photographers help.

Perhaps the only intention i can think of, is to let more people know there are alot of charity organisations out there needing our photographers help.

It is better to clarify that the 'so called charity organisation' will not claim full copyright to the photographers work. We can volunteer but at the end of the day, who does it belong to?

Very hot discussion in this thread. I know there are already a few volunteer photographers for CCF in this forum. I would like to clarify, Mr Christopher from CCF knows that I am looking for volunteer photographers and (paid) videographers here. He requestd my help while I was doing a feature for CCF and I informed him I will gather from ClubSnap, with his acknowledgement.

Why I need to see portfolios? Is to differentiate new and experienced photographers.

I am questioned of my intention? Perhaps the only intention i can think of, is to let more people know there are alot of charity organisations out there needing our photographers help.

dun get your argument, u mean nobody can doubt anybody if they just say its for charity?

anyway, from my understanding, you're not suppose to use any of the image taken (if kids are involved) in your portfolio, probably only hair for hope or other shots involving the volunteers only.

Don't have to get so jumpy... always be prepared to explain yourself if you post anything in a public forum.

Ladies and gentlemen,

FIrstly as with any voluntary service, one must put the heart to service as the primary motivation. It would also mean learning the "preferred methods" of contribution as advised by the organization.

Given a choice, i would rather scrap the cert nor any other souvenirs so that the staff of the vwo may concentrate on their core work activities.

Pardon me, but why are videographers paid and photographers not paid?

I'm not against volunteer service for charity, I have done a few myself where we even dig into our own pockets during the shoot/event.

I just find it "odd".