Vivo City Canon got 50 f1.2L to try out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bros...dun always think if u bang table u will get yr stuff thru....we r not barbarian...just ask nicely la...CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT.....they can refuse todo that if u r a nuisance lei.....ppl dun owe each other for a living...EARTH IS ROUND...KARMA WILL COMES TO U SOONER OR LATER......just my 2 cents worth.....photography only lei dont need to make life difficult for ppl....unlesss they F**K u up then u bang....dun make the clubsnapper looks like unreasonable people to them....ne nice to ppl im sure u be treated nicely too
:bigeyes: flipfreak was joking lah:bsmilie:

just call up the usual suspects eg JO316

is it that rare a lens that can't even find one to try?

but salesman will give black face if play too long and dont want to buy.

show room probably won't care if you go there to play everyday? :dunno:

Precisely!!!!!
Somemore got chio models... much better than the salesman at the shops...

U can rental the lens from camera rental shop for a day or few day to try before investment
heavily.
Sure Canon link , will loan for trial at their showroom.
If you like the result and buy the lens . small percentage contribute to their wages :bsmilie:
Important ask nicely :)

u can buy or try anywhere..just pls pls pls do yourself a favour and don't go Bally then after come back to post a thread of getting con. i remember OP , TK has a set for your infor

call ahead to be sure they have the lens you intend to try
was there about 2 weeks back and they didn't have the 24-70
staff? yup, there were friendly

but salesman will give black face if play too long and dont want to buy.

show room probably won't care if you go there to play everyday? :dunno:

Better find out from the Vivo showroom about trying out of lenses at the display.

I just went to the showroom last night to try out the 180mm macro and the MP-E65. The staff pass it to me and left me alone to play with it. There were no time limit and I walked around the showroom trying out the lens. I was playing with both lenses for almost 30mins. When done, just hand it back to them. Overall, very happy with them that I can do that.

U guys are lucky to have such nice experience, mine experience at the showroom is not tat fantastic, in fact it sux.

I head straight into the showroom, wanting to try the 500mm f/4 to get a feel of the lens, the size, and the focusing speed. so i asked one of the young chaps "can i try that 500mm f/4?" perhaps i was only wearing singlet and berms, thus he just brushed me off saying "cannot". So I had to counter reply saying that "I wan to buy this lens, but if even canon showroom cannot do the trying, then where else can i try? shops definitely wont let me try it."

Then reluctantly that guy go and ask his supervisor whether i could try, before the chap go and take the lens out from the glass display. So i mount my cam to the lens, and u guys guess wat, the lens is a spoilt unit. This IS is not working, AF motor is spoilt and i can only manual focus, and even when i press the shutter release, no pic can be taken.

To summarise what i am pissed off with"
1) nonchalent and bochup attitude of that fella.
2) reluctantness to let me try the lens, afterall its a SHOWroom, y i cant try?
3) the staff dun even know that their lens on display is a spoilt unit till i tested it and inform them, then they realise it! That poor chap still got that shocked look and he dint even apologise to me for wasting my time on a spoilt unit. Even that supervisor is shocked too.

but nevermind, I still manage to had a go at that lens elsewhere and will be getting it soon, but still i m pissed with them.

Haha true enough they let me try the lenses cuz prior to that I went CSC to collect my cam. Guess it makes more sense to try the primes cuz the showroom is dim la, you try the slow lenses pointless. Also 7D was there.

U guys are lucky to have such nice experience, mine experience at the showroom is not tat fantastic, in fact it sux.

I head straight into the showroom, wanting to try the 500mm f/4 to get a feel of the lens, the size, and the focusing speed. so i asked one of the young chaps "can i try that 500mm f/4?" perhaps i was only wearing singlet and berms, thus he just brushed me off saying "cannot". So I had to counter reply saying that "I wan to buy this lens, but if even canon showroom cannot do the trying, then where else can i try? shops definitely wont let me try it."

Then reluctantly that guy go and ask his supervisor whether i could try, before the chap go and take the lens out from the glass display. So i mount my cam to the lens, and u guys guess wat, the lens is a spoilt unit. This IS is not working, AF motor is spoilt and i can only manual focus, and even when i press the shutter release, no pic can be taken.

3) the staff dun even know that their lens on display is a spoilt unit till i tested it and inform them, then they realise it! That poor chap still got that shocked look and he dint even apologise to me for wasting my time on a spoilt unit. Even that supervisor is shocked too.

but nevermind, I still manage to had a go at that lens elsewhere and will be getting it soon, but still i m pissed with them.
it's like wearing singlet and berms and walking into lamborghini showroom and asking to try one of the cars on display..you most probably will be snubbed or something..

Firstly sorry to hear abt your experience....

I think yeah perhaps the way u dressed could have something to do with it. Then again, its not every day that they encounter a customer wanting to try out a 500mm at the store LOL. Maybe they're afraid you could drop it or something. If it were one of the smaller lens, maybe they wouldn't have thought twice.

Hmm I heard b4 one of the superteles at Canon showroom got dropped before into water or something... not sure if the 500mm is the one affected. :think:

it's like wearing singlet and berms and walking into lamborghini showroom and asking to try one of the cars on display..you most probably will be snubbed or something..

So the bottomline is, wear proper. :bsmilie:

I ever met a old man wearing singlet come to showroom. bought 2 unit of semi D at district 11 for his son! Cost more then 6mil! so whats wrong with the singlet n shorts? is there dresscode going to showroom or retail shop?

I ever met a old man wearing singlet come to showroom. bought 2 unit of semi D at district 11 for his son! Cost more then 6mil! so whats wrong with the singlet n shorts? is there dresscode going to showroom or retail shop?
until you take out your wallet or show that you have the $$, sales personnel usually won't bother about you if they "think" you don't have the ability to purchase their goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.