Vivitar autofocus lens f1.2 35-70 zoom - any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knyghtfall81

Apr 5, 2007
West of Singapore
Was surfing the ebay forums and found this lens going cheap. Seems like a pretty good lens given its f1.2 and autofocus, if the optical quality is good. Is it really as good as it seems?

And, is it compatible with the Pentax AF/DSLRs? Would appreciate insight on this. Thanks!

Its for a Pentax K mount, just not sure if its compatible, i.e. in terms of metering, aperture control etc w/o using the aperture ring.

Was surfing the ebay forums and found this lens going cheap. Seems like a pretty good lens given its f1.2 and autofocus, if the optical quality is good. Is it really as good as it seems?

And, is it compatible with the Pentax AF/DSLRs? Would appreciate insight on this. Thanks!

You are refering to this?:bsmilie:

There is a mistake. If you look carefully at the pic, it is actually a Pentax AF 35-70 f2.8.

You are refering to this?:bsmilie:

There is a mistake. If you look carefully at the pic, it is actually a Pentax AF 35-70 f2.8.

Hey, that's the first autofocus lens made by Pentax. Specially made for the Pentax ME-F SLR camera. Basically a modified Pentax ME Super with autofocus confirmation in the viewfinder.
So-so optics. It's a collectable as a museum piece... beginnings of the first autofocus SLR.:angel:

I think the seller knows nothing about camera/lens...

Just like creampuff said above, it's the first AF lens made by Pentax, needs batteries inside the lens (yes, it is true) to make it AF. Optically it's far worse even than the kit lens. And it won't AF on current Pentax digital SLR cameras.

Better get something else if I were you :)

Good luck!

Yeah and you never gonna see a lens that needs AAA battery to operate it's AF.:bsmilie:

I saw the lens on display in 2 shops here and almost wanted to ask whether it is for sales.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.