Vivian Maier: Street Photographer

jrhellboy

Mar 2, 2011
Hello i'm looking for this book called Vivian Maier: Street Photographer, i'm wondering if perhaps any clubsnappers out there knows where i may find it in singapore. I haven't tried looking at funan's camera book store yet, but any other places that could have this book? kinokuniya??

Hello i'm looking for this book called Vivian Maier: Street Photographer, i'm wondering if perhaps any clubsnappers out there knows where i may find it in singapore. I haven't tried looking at funan's camera book store yet, but any other places that could have this book? kinokuniya??

Any reason not getting it from amazon.com?

http://www.amazon.com/Vivian-Maier-...5776/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321409273&sr=8-1

Sad to say... as and when I want to get a book (other than magazine), I normally bought from Amazon... couldn't bother to go to local book stores to search for the books. I find the shipping charges pretty alright... well... anyway, I seldom buy books too...

Reasons:

(a) Amazon has cut throat international shipping charges.

(b) Local bookstores falling like autumn leaves... need our support.

the local bookstores that does keep up with the current state of consumer behavior will probably go the way of the dodo.

the local "big" bookstores sites;
mph -does not have any book search
times -no result in search for this book
popular -no result in search for this book
kinokuniya -pre-order just like the amazon.com (but I can only buy 1 instead of 2 when compared with amazon.com)

Some other online stores you can try:

bookdepository.com (free delivery)
opentrolley.com.sg
acmamall.com

Hi,

Maybe u can try PageOne at Vivo City?

jrhellboy said:

Is this a good book??

Any reviews?

I been looking for some good books to read as amateur. I saw Michael freeman; photographer's eye at a local store, but I want to get it online amazon but it's not available

donut88 said:
Is this a good book??

Any reviews?

I been looking for some good books to read as amateur. I saw Michael freeman; photographer's eye at a local store, but I want to get it online amazon but it's not available

Freeman's Photographer's Eye is a good book on composition. I also highly recommend his small booklet on exposure. I learnt a lot from both books.

donut88 said:
Is this a good book??

Any reviews?

Are you sure you got the right amazon.com site? Cos I can see;
1. it is in-stock
2. Customer reviews
3. Preview

Should still be open. I went there about a month ago. The news says that they are losing money, so no sure how long they can hang on. It is a nice bookshop, will be sad to see it go.

Are you sure you got the right amazon.com site? Cos I can see;
1. it is in-stock
2. Customer reviews
3. Preview

He has couple of different editions for this title. The Amazon one, i think, is the older edition (2007). There is a new edition that i saw in Funan photography bookstore (1st floor).

And Amazon does not show the new edition that i saw in the shop

He has couple of different editions for this title. The Amazon one, i think, is the older edition (2007). There is a new edition that i saw in Funan photography bookstore (1st floor).

And Amazon does not show the new edition that i saw in the shop

The one i want to buy, has a picture of a small boat in a lake on the front over.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Photographers-Eye-Michael-Freeman/9781905814046

Last edited:
Its not even out yet. I have pre ordered the book and the delivery has been delayed TWICE. I guess the orders are overwhelming :dunno: