Visa Moving Images Photo Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanette

Nov 21, 2007
Taken a great photo lately ? It just might take you to the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Visa is giving away four trips, each for two people, to next year's Olympic Games. There'll also be US$25,000 in prize money for the photos that best capture the Olympic Games’ motto of faster, higher, stronger and of the host country, China. The competition is open to amateur photographers in Asia Pacific who hold Visa cards. Submit your photos today at www.visasupporters.com/movingimages. You may just win.

As usual, the T&C suck. ALL submissions can be used by VISA on all sorts of publications, not just the winning shots. Was going to submit but I am not giving my best shots to VISA for free. If I won, that would be a different matter.

Goodness... I hate such blanket T&Cs... it's a cheap way for them to get images for free. Coming from a company like VISA, this is most unprofessional. If the use of the images was restricted to future promotion of the contest, it would be more palatable... but for VISA to ask for all rights to the images? That's plain ridiculous!

So anyone took part?
I saw quite a few Singaporeans in the shortlisted photographs.

Results are out for the "China" and "Faster" themes with 2 Chinese winners.
http://www.dpnet.com.cn/html/2008-4/20080425_34152.html

Finalists of all 4 themes http://travel.people.com.cn/GB/41636/41828/7181311.html

Winning Pic For theme "China"
F200804250853291062532731.jpg

Winning Pic For theme "Faster"
F200804250853272410121881.jpg

Winners for "Higher" and "Stronger" to be released soon.
Glad that 2 of mine are in theme "Stronger" :sweatsm: together with several other Sporeans, Good Luck To Us!!

which are your pics kiama? well done and good luck to you too!

there's a picture on visa card itself!

i really like the children hurdling!~ in its most native form :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.