Viewsonic VX2025wm Evaluation (8bit/channel Flat Panel, Designed for Digital Imaging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamut Labs

Jan 16, 2006
Hi Folks,

Viewsonic has just sent me the VX2025wm for review purposes, I've thought of a better idea to do this, and that is to leave it at my customer's print shop in Bras Basah and let them use it in real-life situation while i do my reviews there.

You guys are welcome to go see it side by side with other displays they use there, including the older version 17" Apple flat-panel.

Seeing it in a live situation is much better than seeing it in a store!

At the same time check out their WYSIWYG prints, better still, try a print for yourself, I've convinced them to give you guys a special rate. Some of the members have started to print there now!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prelim Testing - 15-04-06

1) setup on win XP pro + ATI X600 DVI
2) Preset Color Temps - sRGB, 9300K, 6500K, 5400K*, User Color

Profiling done using X-Rite Monaco Optix XR

(1)
- Full auto at 5500K, 2.2 Gamma
- Default contrast 100 and brightness 70

Result
- 165 cd/m2
- Very Neutral
- Very accurate hues when compared to Apple 17" LCD (2yrs++)

(2)
- Calibration with RGB control at 5500K, 2.2 Gamma
- Default contrast 70 and brightness 75

Result
- 250 cd/m2
- Very Neutral

Very impressed so far with the results. It's 8bit/channel, 24bit total, 16.7 mil colors.

I've got the profiles done on the PC and here it is compared to my iMac G5 20" (Transparent) - the Viewsonic (Solid Color) has a larger color gamut at the important colors. Overall, I'm pleased!

Remember, the graphics card plays a very important role too. so with a better card, you might get an even better result!

viewsonic2025vsimac20_01.png

Shadows

viewsonic2025vsimac20_02.png

Highlights

More to come next weekend after 1 week of use.

PROS (Prelim)

- Fine pixel pitch - 0.0258
- low power consumption - 35 watts
- factory color presets are rather accurate.
- 176 degrees h + v viewing angle
- 800:1 contrast ratio (more details)
- 3 years on-site warranty http://www.viewsonic.com.sg/kbase/article.php?id=1

CONS (Prelim)

- No aux inputs.
- No USB hub built-in
- No pivot
- Very mediocre speakers
- weak stand
- no independent brightness/control buttons (2nd level menus)

[Update]

Cheers,
nic

Thank you all for the interest and for those who are asking me about the display, the special price is still valid but we need to wait for approval by the moderators as MOs for LCDs are traditionally classified as non-photographic equipment.

I have forwarded all necessary information of the deal to the moderators and they are looking into the request now. Thank you all for those who provided an alternative forum to do the order. I have said that this benefit is for ClubSNAP members only so I've opted against doing that.

Some of you came by yesterday to Simple Digital to witness the quality of the panel, testing for corner light leaks and color quality and accuracy when compared to prints made by Simple Digital.

I really hope that you can go down and have a look for yourself!

P.S.
After 1 week of intensive use and "abuse" the display is holding up really well and decay is minimal. The color accuracy is still spot on.

Cheers,
nic

Thank you for the information and for the MO! :)

Can I ask you one question, in sRGB mode, is the brightness still adjustable?

I tried a few other Viewsonic model, in sRGB mode the brightness is not adjustable, so sometime a little bit too bright. But wiith my EIZO, the brightness is still adjustable in sRGB mode (other settings locked).

Thanks! :D

bpribadi said:
Thank you for the information and for the MO! :)

Can I ask you one question, in sRGB mode, is the brightness still adjustable?

I tried a few other Viewsonic model, in sRGB mode the brightness is not adjustable, so sometime a little bit too bright. But wiith my EIZO, the brightness is still adjustable in sRGB mode (other settings locked).

Thanks! :D

Hi bpribadi!

Sorry I missed your post, I don't really understand your question. Do you mean in sRGB preset mode?

I recommend you to set it at factory default first, bring the color temperature to 5400K then calibrate and profile accordingly.

Using sRGB preset only limits the gamut range of your display.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
nic

Wow. This post is old.

Isn't it about time to expire it from the sticky list?

Is this set even still selling?

Still using this monitor fine...:bsmilie:
IT Show 2009 liaoz sticky still around.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.