Views on Lightroom 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
pricing would probably be like other Adobe products in that they would probably have an upgrade price for owners of previous version...

Then I had to upgrade my hardware and software to 64-bit....change XP to Vista...change graphic card 32 to 64 bit and max out my ram to 4 gig and above...best of all change the system to MAC PRO!!!!:bsmilie:
hi,

do note that adobe photoshop cs4 will not be offered in 64-bit on the mac platform, but only on the windows platform.

cheers,
satcat

Part of the marketing stragegy....once you adictted to LR 2....next thing you need to pay for it. :(

if pricing is close to LR1 then would be really good..

even now aperture 2 also relatively cheap

hi,

do note that adobe photoshop cs4 will not be offered in 64-bit on the mac platform, but only on the windows platform.

cheers,
satcat

That's right. Adobe wasted their opportunity to update Photoshop to work properly on Mac OS X; however, they actually spent money to re-work ColdFusion, which is basically a dead technology these days. It and Lightroom 2 are 64-bit capable.

I didn't really care for Lightroom earlier so the only good reason for it now is to help Adobe. Aperture isn't the end-all-be-all either but I'd rather not allow Adobe to gain more ground. They're more interested in creating bloated applications cheaply instead of creating great applications.

for Photoshop, they more or less still have a monopoly... more features, they can give me or they can keep them same as CS3... I just want 64-bit support...

for Lightroom, they more competition from Aperture so they have to work harder...

My dreams are shattered when I didn't find an important function that's essential for landscape shooters - Lens Correction Tools! :bheart:

Hopefully they have the Correction Tools on the next release :think:

so how's this compared to LR 1.3? notice i didn't ask 1.4 coz its been unstable though i hear its been fixed...

It seems much faster compared to 1.3 and 1.4 (which is now perfectly fine with the new fix) Still cant quite get the hang of the new brush tool, and the "Export with previous" function has been disabled in the first release which is a minor irritation. But all in all, worth the upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.