Victims of Oriental Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dinotang9

This is a notice to all those in Singapore who had bought a time-share membership from Oriental Travel through hard-sell tactic.

I am in the same boat as you and am now thinking of seeking redress through legal means. If I can garner a large number of disgruntled members of Oriental Travel then we could seek legal advice and subsequently take latigation against the directors of Oriental Travel for false representation and etc. In short, a class action suit.

If you are a victim or maybe you have a relative or friend in this 'mess' then kindly send an email with phone number to dinotang9@safe-mail.net Subject line: 'Oriental Travel victim'

Dino Tang

Is "latigation" the same as "laxatification"?

How is this post permissible in Clubsnap?

well this is the place for chatting..
do post ur full story for our kaypohness and for warning..

Timeshare... Timeshare. This kinda crap has been highlighted here more than once.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/search.php?searchid=2293589

In anycase u can't view, goto Search and type in the keyword "timeshare" (without quotes).

To be honest, although its irrelevant, I'd like to see Siron's case being put up as a sticky note to all. Spread awareness to all, especially to lurkers and newbies who prolly still do not know of such things (and these sorta cases had been highlighted many, many times).

Post us your sob story to share as well as to serve a warning to all.

I may be on the other side of the camp... I also have a timeshare membership... just returned from Melbourne. Had a great time at my timeshare apartment. I think if you intend to travel often, timeshare is quite good but I acknowledge many timeshare companies have a bad name.

philliptan said:
I may be on the other side of the camp... I also have a timeshare membership... just returned from Melbourne. Had a great time at my timeshare apartment. I think if you intend to travel often, timeshare is quite good but I acknowledge many timeshare companies have a bad name.

Do you mind sharing with us your experience with the timeshare company where you bought your timeshare from? We have been surrounded with extremely negative aspect of timeshare in singapore and it very very rare to hear of someone who has had "any enjoyment" from it. Care to share your timeshare "buying" experience? Thanks.

yes, please share yr good experience, so far i have not heard of a single good timeshare company

Well it started out with the usual hardsell tactics. We bought under pressure and almost regretted it. But we love to travel and decide to make the best use of our purchase.

Our initial purchase was like the rest... with an annual maintenance fee that kept increasing. But with the latest string of bad press, our timeshare company introduced a package with no annual maintenance fee. We only pay a reservation fee when we go.

The apartment I got in Australia is HUGE. It's got two bedrooms with a big jacuzzi in the master bedroom. It's got a full kitchen and a big living room. Can accommodate 6 persons. It's situated at a resort. Costs US$220 for 7 days.

Pretty good deal. Think of it as being part of a travel membership.

philliptan said:
Well it started out with the usual hardsell tactics. We bought under pressure and almost regretted it. But we love to travel and decide to make the best use of our purchase.

Our initial purchase was like the rest... with an annual maintenance fee that kept increasing. But with the latest string of bad press, our timeshare company introduced a package with no annual maintenance fee. We only pay a reservation fee when we go.

The apartment I got in Australia is HUGE. It's got two bedrooms with a big jacuzzi in the master bedroom. It's got a full kitchen and a big living room. Can accommodate 6 persons. It's situated at a resort. Costs US$220 for 7 days.

Pretty good deal. Think of it as being part of a travel membership.

Arh... Emperor Resorts? heheh.... I have too, now pay maintenance only when I go. :D You can exchange your entitlement for resorts too, not just Australia. :sticktong

Eh... may be a bit OT here... Anyway, Kopitiam suppose to be place to gossip and all that rite...?

For those who are trapped by Timeshare... Are u approached by people in Orchard, especially near Somerset MRT claiming they want to do some quick survey about your shopping habits..Then ask u to pick 2 lucky draw coupons... Always one is empty, then the other something. the guy/gal will pause for a while, then check your coupon with something against a list, then after another short pause, the facial expression changed to one of excitement like he or she got some kind of orgasm claiming "OH WOW!! HEY... U KNOW U HAVE WON SOMETHING BIG?!!" :bsmilie:

I dunno kenna how many times already...Those poor kids.. They look young.. Maybe just fin O levels, college or something. But.. Their acting skills cannot make it.. Somemore they meet a psychology junkie like me who loves studying people!

Many times I wanted to make fun of them by joining in their act... But I juz couldn't bear to do so... Wish to tell them there are prob other better ways to make $... When they grow up, I prob think they might become some scheming business people?

Anyway, sorry dino on your plight.

kiwi2 said:
..... the facial expression changed to one of excitement like he or she got some kind of orgasm...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

kiwi2 said:
the facial expression changed to one of excitement like he or she got some kind of orgasm claiming "OH WOW!! HEY... U KNOW U HAVE WON SOMETHING BIG?!!" :bsmilie:

Ya, of course orgasm lah.... Every person that they bring upstairs, they get $50. Imagine a part-time job that pays this well... :bsmilie: More like they won something big!

kiwi2 said:
When they grow up, I prob think they might become some scheming business people?

Anyway, sorry dino on your plight.
When they grow up, they probably will upgrade to be in Multi Level Marketing business.

oh...oriental travel? they call me every once in a while...for me to piss them off :bsmilie:

Anyone interested to do a photo shoot in Orchard Road, capturing the priceless facial expression of the Timeshare promoters? :bsmilie:

philliptan said:
Ya, of course orgasm lah.... Every person that they bring upstairs, they get $50. Imagine a part-time job that pays this well... :bsmilie: More like they won something big!

no wonder there are students skipping sch and become the "surveyors" along orchard road. It was a weekday morning and they were in sch uniform somemore.

Wai said:
no wonder there are students skipping sch and become the "surveyors" along orchard road. It was a weekday morning and they were in sch uniform somemore.

and no wonder these promoters give excellent 'morning call' when we are supposed to turn up at a stipulated date or time .....IMHO, better than some hotels :bsmilie: ...I mean they will wake up early and give u that much needed ring to get you out of bed ;p ..I noe bcos they called me and woke me up from my dream !!!

Astin said:
Anyone interested to do a photo shoot in Orchard Road, capturing the priceless facial expression of the Timeshare promoters? :bsmilie:

hmm maybe they can be the New Face of the year... (next year)....

or maybe get the new award in the coming year... Ogasmatic look of the year.... OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Wai said:
The sch uniform may be a decoy, u never know what kind of bait these companies use.

philliptan said:

Wah Damn it!! Really ah?! :what: How u know har?

Ok ok... Next time I will SURELY play along with them!!! Yup, no doubt about that! They just suay whenever they met me, I had some impt appointment or the traffic light turned green and I got to go elsewhere quite urgently. Also bcos their acting was so ....HAHA!

I was so amused when once this gal was so excited she tried to share her orgasmic "surprise" at my win with her other young friend. And guess what...They both got into this dual-partner orgasm act! I felt it was all so farnie!

Now that I got more time... heh-heh.. :bsmilie: Come come kids... Let's play. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.