Vertex - Most versatile light modifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is something rather unique and the 3D demo makes it simple to visualize the possible configurations and the area of effect. However, there are no pictures to show the actual effect.

Indeed, this looks very interesting! But will need actual photo to see how well it actually works.

Edit: I've emailed the company and according to them, a photo gallery will be up soon.

They will also need to show how convenient can the device be set up or transported.

bro phoakm, interested? ;)

Looks ridiculous... who has the time to turn all the flaps for every shot? :bsmilie:

Looks ridiculous... who has the time to turn all the flaps for every shot? :bsmilie:

Why should you turn all the flaps for every shot? You can still adjust and set it to be like any other bounce devices and use it for the entire session. It is too early to criticise since we have yet to see an actual production unit and let alone reviews.

Why should you turn all the flaps for every shot? You can still adjust and set it to be like any other bounce devices and use it for the entire session. It is too early to criticise since we have yet to see an actual production unit and let alone reviews.

Which would make it like any other light modifier... their sole marketing is based on the "versatility" of it's usage. Of course if it's cheaper/lighter than comparable devices then maybe we'll see some advantage in it over the others.

The hindges nearest to the reflectors allows for 3 dimensional twisting. I wonder how long it would last...

Photos are up. Can't access them from work though.

Really? The link that they gave me was the one to the main site so I thought they would be there. I can't see anything as my work computer blocks out the Flash stuff.

The website has been updated with the pre-launch pricing of the Vertex and also a sneak preview of the photo gallery. The pre-launch price is acceptable.

Doesn't look too bad actually. Though I'm still missing the photos of the final product.

Which would make it like any other light modifier... their sole marketing is based on the "versatility" of it's usage. Of course if it's cheaper/lighter than comparable devices then maybe we'll see some advantage in it over the others.

Just because it *can* be used so flexibly does not mean it *has* to be used as such for every shot.

For those of you who may be wondering if the Vertex works with the new Nikon SB-900, the reply from PressLite is positive. The Vertex has been designed to also work with Canon 580-EX II which has similar dimension to the SB-900 and thus it should fit as well. I was also told the Vertex fixes onto the flash using a hybrid elastic band.

Last edited:
any1 recently bought a diffuser and still has the receipt? i dont have a receipt and without the receipt i cannot qualify for the 15% + 15% discount...

any1 nice to scan a copy of your receipt (that you dont want already) and send to me? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.