Using T exposure on a IIIf

sweat100

Jul 7, 2002
Singapore
sweat100.multiply.com
I would like to ask how can one properly use the T exposure on the IIIf? Opening the shutter is self explanatory, but how about closing it? What is the correct method for it?

I tried advancing the film, shutter does close but this will cause streaks since the film is pulled when you advance the film.

gently turn the speed dial to setting other than T, say 1s and see :)

i think the T is to help u load the film only, but not sure though, because my Kiev 2 has that too and is there instead of B..

Incidentally, I also used T to load film, but I am sure that is not the correct way. ;)
By right there is a need to cut a long film leader, I find that T pretty well too.

gently turn the speed dial to setting other than T, say 1s and see :)

Yeah, I just tried that, it works well! When changed from T to 1s, the shutter closes after 1s. So I think that is the best way, though I need to mentally remember that the exposure time must always compensate for the extra second.
Cant use B because I cant find the type of cable release for it in Singapore. :embrass:

Yeah, I just tried that, it works well! When changed from T to 1s, the shutter closes after 1s. So I think that is the best way, though I need to mentally remember that the exposure time must always compensate for the extra second.
Cant use B because I cant find the type of cable release for it in Singapore. :embrass:

you can turn the slow speed knob at the way to 1/15 s, that would minimize the exposure time difference.

The cable release for IIIf is identical to that used by Nikon F SLR. you can still get a "new" one HERE for less than US$20 :angel: