Using flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupidbear

Oct 9, 2005
Paya Lebar
I'm a D70 nikon user with SB - 600.

I'd like to know how to use the flash. At times, the flash dun "fire" at times it's too dark. Any solutions or tips.

Best if some1 is willing to teach me in person ;p

I've read the manual but.... somehow it doesn't work in practice.

maybe you can give some instances when your flash dosent fire;
for eg, pilot lamp is not on...

too dark it can be that you flash is underpowered or has not enough power to illuminate the subject.Increase ISO, F-stop and decrease shutter speed to remedy(not always).

stupidbear said:
I'm a D70 nikon user with SB - 600.

I'd like to know how to use the flash. At times, the flash dun "fire" at times it's too dark. Any solutions or tips.

Best if some1 is willing to teach me in person ;p

I've read the manual but.... somehow it doesn't work in practice.

Hi there,

I am quite new too.

Based on personal experiences, with D70 + SB-600, sometione why it didn't fire could be the flash batteries are weak or perhaps need longer time to recharge. I suggest, that immediately after shoot, quickly look at your flash. If the red light blinks, indication of exposure is not ideal or if the it takes few seconds for the red light to appear, batteries weak.

My 1 cent worth.

princej said:
Hi there,

I am quite new too.

Based on personal experiences, with D70 + SB-600, sometione why it didn't fire could be the flash batteries are weak or perhaps need longer time to recharge. I suggest, that immediately after shoot, quickly look at your flash. If the red light blinks, indication of exposure is not ideal or if the it takes few seconds for the red light to appear, batteries weak.

My 1 cent worth.
Red light blinking (sometimes with beep... beep... beep sound, depends on your setting) meaning the flash is throw all its power, but still not enough to illuminate the subject properly. The result will be under exposure. You can try to use bigger aperture (ie.: from f/11 to f/4), or pump up the ISO/ASA (ie.: from ASA200 to ASA400), or move forward (ie.: subject distance is 6m, make it 2.5m).

I don't have SB600. I am using SB800. Hopefuly it is the same for above matter.

Regards,
Arto.

I think i've found out the reason for my problem. Thanks all. =DD

Status
Not open for further replies.